At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. Our vision is to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere — every person, every organization, and community around the globe. Who are you? If you are a systems thinker, creative, wildly talented innovator — we need you. You will get the chance to shape and impact HP’s efforts to create the 4th industrial revolution via 3D printing.
• HP 3D Print design is seeking an experienced Interaction Design and User Interface Design lead who fearlessly and passionately advocates for the end-user and can design user centered experiences that transform and transcend what it means to create, prototype, and manufacture.
• In this role, you will lead the design of user interface strategy for all of HP’s 3D print ecosystem as a core competitive advantage. This role will look to bridge the gap between the physical and the digital to bring innovative solutions to the market. You will own the end-to-end experience definition and design for interface ecosystems, comprised of branded software, data systems, and on-product hardware touchpoints with an emphasis on usability and efficiency, in a variety of production environments.
• You will work with a global multi-discipline team of world-class designers working on every aspect of end-to-end user experience design for 3D print systems. You will be responsible for researching, creating and developing user interface concepts and specifications that optimize the function, usability, customer value and branded image of HP 3D print. Your work will become user interface and interaction standards across the portfolio to form a cohesive set of tools to delight and empower our customers.
• You will have a passion for designing innovative experiences informed by deep user knowledge, industry best practices, and iterative testing. You are quick to simulating experiences to test hypothesis, understand the user perspective, and persuade stakeholders. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to deal with ambiguity within an open and collaborative (in-person and remotely with Barcelona, Spain). The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease visualizing solutions then driving that vision into solid design deliverables that achieve user goals and business requirements.
• Establishes and manages UI design projects including schedule, resources, deliverables and reviews in partnership with design and the 3D print development programs.
• Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced partners, including design, engineering, marketing and customer support, on customer-centered interactive and interface design and development.
• Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with interactive and interface design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve ease of use, product quality and interactive and interface design.
• Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
• In this role you will work alongside Program Design leads to steer the course of the projects. You may find yourself producing interaction design concepts and UI design concepts at the appropriate fidelity; leading reviews and executing design research.
• Establishes and maintains customer-centered interaction design and user interface design direction and strategy in close partnership with HP’s 3D Print design, business and development teams.
• Researches, defines, designs, prototypes, validates and documents end-to-end user interface architecture and components for HP’s 3D Print products and services, in collaboration with internal and external partners.
• Leads multiple project teams of designers and internal and outsourced partners responsible for all stages of interactive and interface design and development, including design architecture, validation, and specifications.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Interaction Design, User Interface Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent
• 10+ years’ experience, ideally creating interaction and user interface strategies for connected software, services and devices.
• Desired Experience includes direct experience with 3D printing processes and workflows.
Knowledge and Skills
• Proven experience with application of design theories, principles, and concepts to user interface strategies and designs for information technology, products and services.
• Proven ability to design, prototype, test and execute world-class user interface designs across a range of platforms and devices, including mobile applications.
• Proven ability to collaborate across design disciplines to define and create holistic, end-to-end customer experience designs in direct partnership with developers and engineers.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Able to dive into the details when needed
• Strong leadership, project management, consensus-building, negotiation, and decision-making skills, coupled with sound judgment
• Broad understanding and experience in designing and implementing research and data collection plans for interactive and interface design testing and acceptance
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate interactive and interface design data, design proposals and product specifications and negotiate options at senior management levels.
• Excellent skills in creative design tools (Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, CSS, HTML5) and UI prototyping and collaboration tools.
• Strongly desired: direct experience in 3D CAD software development or utilization, and direct experience in 3D printing applications as a designer or user.
***PLEASE NOTE- Candidates should submit an updated resume AND design portfolio link and/or work samples when applying to this position.