Leading international exhibition design firm located in lower Manhattan is looking for a Senior Exhibition Designer to join our team of diverse and dedicated creative professionals. Our practice includes high-profile projects in the United States, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We work in collaborative teams that integrate architecture and physical exhibits with onsite experience, digital media, and online communities.
The work we do touches tens of millions of lives annually and engages the creation of physical places of community and public experience, along with the digital universe of participation that surrounds them. Our work focuses primarily on issues that engage individual, cultural, and national identities and aspirations, along with a broad spectrum of sustainability, the environment, and human development. Our door is open to exceptionally talented people who are eager to grow and contribute to an evolving field that encompasses museums, science centers, zoos, aquariums, and international expositions.
The successful candidate will have a strong interest in working in our New York City office as a key team member on world-class exhibition projects at varying scales with strong, culturally-based interpretive and experiential qualities. Experience in all phases of the exhibition design process, a penchant for working within collaborative team settings, and an interest in thinking and working out-of-the-box are essential.
- Act as Project Director for one or more projects simultaneously, oversee global project development and design.
- On specified projects, act as primary creative and conceptual form-giver, and key creative representative with client team
- Lead creative design development and form-giving, under supervision of Design Director
- Direct subordinate designers’ project work while encouraging their growth and autonomy
- Integrate the contributions of content and digital teams
- Provide weekly input to Studio Director on personnel needs on a project-by-project basis
- A minimum of 10 years of experience as exhibition designer or as designer in exhibition-related field.
- Proven capabilities to develop creative, innovative, and aesthetically sophisticated solutions to complex design problems.
- Must be creative, energetic, inquisitive designer with good sketching skills and 3D spatial awareness
- Experience in CAD-based design solutions and mixed physical-digital environmental design.
- Curiosity toward different subject matter and toward the way the public understands the material is essential.
- Background in exhibition, architecture, theatrical design, or industrial design.
- Must be capable of leading a multidisciplinary team, directing the work of others, maintaining tight timeframes, and working constructively with complex client and stakeholder groups.
- Must have experience in every stage of design for complex projects, from conception through construction to opening.
Send resume and portfolio and/or website link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate that you are applying to the Senior Exhibit Designer position. If you are not an American citizen, please indicate your visa status.
No phone calls or drop-in visits, please. No agencies or recruiters please.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.