Leading international exhibition design firm located in lower Manhattan is looking for an Exhibition Designer to join our team of diverse and dedicated creative professionals. Our practice includes high-profile projects in the United States, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We work in collaborative teams that integrate architecture and physical exhibits with onsite experience, digital media, and online communities.
The work we do touches tens of millions of lives annually and engages the creation of physical places of community and public experience, along with the digital universe of participation that surrounds them. Our work focuses primarily on issues that engage individual, cultural, and national identities and aspirations, along with a broad spectrum of sustainability, the environment, and human development. Our door is open to exceptionally talented people who are eager to grow and contribute to an evolving field that encompasses museums, science centers, zoos, aquariums, and international expositions.
We are looking for a highly motivated, skilled graphic designer for a full-time position (in our New York City office) in a field that encompasses museums, science centers, aquariums and installations. If you have a proven track record of delivering world-class creativity, you thrive in a collaborative environment, and you seek out the challenges of exploration and discovery of uncharted territories, then we want to hear from you.
- Report to Project Lead Designer and/or Design Director.
- Develop exhibit graphic designs, including 2-D exhibit elements, screen based graphics, and artifact labels, from conceptual drawings through final design.
- Prepare digital files for graphic production.
- Support senior design staff in managing work flow in accordance with project schedules, budgets, and creative goals, in a fast-paced environment with a variety of tasks and deadlines.
- Work in a team environment including Thinc staff, sub-contractors, client contacts and their contractors/consultants including as necessary supervising specific graphic consultants.
- Minimal travel to meetings and site visits may be required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in graphic design, working in a professional creative environment.
- Proven experience of taking graphic designs from conceptualization through production and installation.
- High level of fluency with Adobe CC Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator), Word, Excel and PowerPoint or Keynote.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of fabrication techniques and materials standards of environmental/green graphic and exhibit design.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deadlines.
- B.A. or M.A. in Graphic Design or equivalent.
Send resume and portfolio and/or website link to email@example.com. Please indicate that you are applying to the Senior Exhibit Designer position. If you are not an American citizen, please indicate your visa status.
No phone calls or drop-in visits, please. No agencies or recruiters please.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.