The Senior Interaction Designer is responsible for the IX of multiple, interrelated applications and web pages. This suite is used by more than two million people per month to set up HP printers and connect them to a suite of online features. The work that you do in this role will have a large impact on the day-to-day lives of people all over the world. Our goal is not to be best-in-class for the printer industry, but rather best-in-class for technology, and we are committed to achieving this by creating user interfaces that enable our users to set their printers up and to take advantage of advanced features with ease.
In this role, you will apply your advanced experience to ensure that the user interfaces within a specific portfolio meet user needs and business objectives. You will work with the research staff and with a cross-disciplinary team of experts to solve complex user, business, and technical issues. As a senior member of the design staff, you will seek out process improvements, will mentor and guide less-experienced members of the team, and will create and maintain IX pattern guidelines that are used across multiple design and development teams.
• Leads multiple project teams of designers and internal and outsourced partners responsible for all stages of interactive and interface design and development for a portfolio of complex products and platforms, including design architecture, language, validation, and specifications.
• Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced partners on interactive and interface design and development.
• Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with interactive and interface design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and interactive and interface design.
• Provides domain-specific expertise and overall interactive and interface design leadership and perspective to cross- organization projects, programs, and activities.
• Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and design language into projects and activities in the interactive and interface design organization.
• Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
• Typically 10+ years of experience combined with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in User Interface Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Broad experience with application of design theories, principles, and concepts to a portfolio of multiple information technology and consumer products and services designs.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Broad understanding and experience in designing and implementing research and data collection plans for interactive and interface design testing and acceptance.
• Reviewing and evaluating designs for alignment with overall product architecture; recommending and implementing changes to designs and technology to improve product quality and overall interactive and interface design.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate interactive and interface design data, design proposals and product specifications, and to negotiate options at senior management levels.
• Excellent skills in creative design tools (Creative Suite, CSS, HTML5).
Please note- candidates should submit an updated resume AND a portfolio link/work samples when applying to this position.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.