The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices (JJMDC) Industrial Design and Human Factors (IDHF) organization is seeking an exceptionally talented, user-centered Human Factors Engineer (HFE) who is passionate about improving the quality of people's lives through compelling design experiences. This position will reside in Cincinnati, OH.
JJMDC is one of the world’s largest, most innovative surgical companies. The businesses represented are Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products, Biosense Webster, Cerenovus, DePuy Synthes, Ethicon, Mentor, and J&J Vision.
The IDHF team leads contextual research to discover unmet user needs, creates usability specifications and requirements, develops concepts and iteratively tests with stakeholders throughout a robust formative and summative usability process. This position will interact closely with the Industrial Designers and product development teams to design and evaluate user interfaces (hardware and software) for medical devices and associated training /instructional elements. We are a diverse, collaborative, and global team, striving to create products and solutions that improve patient outcomes by delivering remarkable user experiences. The successful candidate will help us elevate world-class human factors approaches throughout the organization while providing timely usability insight to the product development teams.
• BS Degree in HFE, Usability Engineering, Cognitive Science, Anthropology, BioMedical Engineering or equivalent. Post-Graduate Degrees are a plus and will be considered as part of the applicant’s professional experience.
• At least 2 years of human factors/usability engineering experience/use case validation testing or equivalent relevant experience in product development and customer interactions.
• Experience planning and executing HFE activities including ethnographic research, formative and summative studies, documentation for design control and risk management is required.
• Knowledge of human perception, cognition, anthropometrics, biomechanics and physiology is required.
• Familiarity with FDA, ISO, AAMI, and other relevant usability regulations and standards is highly preferred.
• Clinical experience and/or experience with Medical Device design is highly preferred.
• Experience/Training in software & GUI development is a strong plus.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.