Annie is a beauty and cosmetics company based in North Wales, Pennsylvania. We are a wide ranging team that develops innovative products from start to finish. Our products include electrical hair styling tools, manicure/pedicure tools, cosmetics and more.
We are looking for a senior designer to join our team. This is a chance to work in the beauty and cosmetics industry and work in all facets of design. The senior designer is responsible for conceptualization and implementation of design solutions that meet marketing strategies from concept to completion. They monitor and assist other designers in creating concepts, comps, layouts and final art. They work with the creative department manager and other designers to ensure that packaging meets branding requirements and suits targeted audiences. The senior graphic designer is responsible to independently manage and successfully complete their assigned projects on time, on budget and in line with company standards.
This person will assist the creative department manager in developing strategies and/or processes to meet changing market and competitive conditions while considering the impacts on our business. They aid in the selecting and managing of print vendors, photographers, exhibitor vendors, translation companies and all other external resources. They regularly review the status of projects with the creative department manager to verify that brand, category and company expectations are met.
Requirements & Skills: • 3~5 years experience in packaging design
• BFA or BS in Graphic Design or related major • Experience in creating several forms of packaging including, OPP bags, blister cards, clear plastic boxes, paper boxes, clamshell packaging and molded trays.
• Experience in managing & partnering with print vendors, photographers, exhibitor vendors, translation companies and all other external resources.
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
• Strong portfolio in developing products, packaging, marketing materials and websites.
• Knowledge of barcode generation UPCA & ITF 14
• Strong portfolio of work in developing packaging, marketing materials and websites.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative suite.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage workloads.
• Working knowledge of pre-press and production
• Aid in developing implementing and optimizing design processes.
• Regularly reviews project status with appropriate leadership to ensure brand, category and company expectations are met.
• Aid in selecting managing and partnering with print vendors, photographers, exhibitor vendors, translation companies and all other external resources.
• Monitor and assist other designers in creating concepts, comps, layouts and final art.
• Formulates designs and specifies material details, such as style and size of type, photographs, graphics, format and packaging components. Present final layouts for approval.
• Works with the Creative Department Manager to develop design solutions for a variety of print collateral including products, packaging, marketing materials, and websites.
• Create mockups of physical materials.
• Confers with creative, purchasing and sales department members to discuss requirements and present concepts for packaging and marketing materials.
• Responsible for applying established branding specifications to ensure work meets corporate guidelines.
• Conducts self-review of art, images, materials, and proofs to determine if it conforms to standards and specifications. Prepares design drafts, proofs, and final art for production.
• Discusses objectives, budgets, background information, approaches, styles, and techniques for projects with Creative Department Manager.
• Achieve goals set by Creative Department Manager.
• Creates graphics for the company's products and assists in the creation of graphic elements used in other departments.
• Researches current trends and new technology, such as printing production techniques, computer software, and design trends.
• Attend photo shoots
• Work closely with the creative, purchasing and sales departments to implement changes of production process to meet company’s needs.
• Prepare production ready files (packaging, logos, barcodes, marketing materials) for print and electronic sharing.
• Develop, update and maintain company websites
• Maintain and archive completed design files.
• Complete assigned weekly projects and daily recording of work logs.
• Aid in the training and development of current and new creative department members
How to Apply:
Please send your resumes and portfolios to email@example.com.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.