Job Title: Industrial Design Manager
Reports to: VP of R&D
We are seeking a highly-motivated and inspiring Industrial Design Manager with a record of designing successful products within the sporting goods or consumer products industries. The ID Manager will work with other corporate leadership to design new and advanced golf equipment in-line with the brand image and company direction. The ID Manager is responsible for hiring/leading/mentoring the design team, for executing a design process that delivers on the requirements and timelines, and for fostering strong collaborative relationships with the various other teams within R&D and across the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Lead industrial design team to design the next-generation of golf equipment
• Work with R&D and Marketing departments to generate effective designs that meet cosmetic and performance requirements, showcase the latest technologies, are cost effective and manufacturing friendly
• Effectively manage Industrial Design employees, team workload, budget, and equipment
• Supervises Industrial Designers
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
• Experienced golfer
• Minimum five years of design experience in golf, sporting goods, or adjacent consumer product market
• Excited by the challenge of learning about new products, materials, trends, what customers want; passionate about working to create products that customers will value
• Able to take charge of the design team and the design process; possesses the leadership skills and qualities necessary to succeed in a demanding, fast-paced environment
• Excellent communicator
• Highly organized; experienced with project management
• Able to quickly and effectively communicate via sketching
• Highly proficient in design software (Illustrator, Photoshop)
• Experience with CAD software (Unigraphics NX preferred) and rendering software (Keyshot preferred)
Occasional travel may be requested. 1-2 International trips per year, 7-10 days each.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Fine Arts, Product Design, or similar
• 5 years of experience in product design
• Avid golfer a plus
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.