GE Appliance’s Industrial Design Organization is a collaboration of Industrial and Interaction Designers, Consumer Insights Researchers, R&D Engineers, User Experience Research Specialists, and Model Makers. Interns are given the freedom and responsibility to contribute to the design team and experience every phase of the product development cycle through production launch.
A good part of our energetic creativity comes from being located in Louisville, KY. Known for horse racing and bourbon, Louisville is home to a vibrant music scene, unique shops and top-rated restaurants. From local makerspaces like our own GE Appliances FirstBuild, to monthly Creative Mornings and Gallery Hops, we’re sure you don’t know Louisville like you think you do.
About the Position:
GE Appliances is hiring multiple Interaction Design Interns at Appliances Headquarters in Louisville KY.
• 12 Month Duration
• Paid Internship ($14-$21/Hour + the option to choose between full-furnished housing or $675/month taxable housing stipend)
• Relocation expenses reimbursed
• Beginning in late May/early June (flexible start date)
• CANNOT graduate before or during the internship period.
• Currently enrolled full-time in an accredited school/university in the US.
• Undergraduate or graduate students with a 3.2 GPA or higher.
• Story-boarding, mapping, & wire framing experience
• Prototyping time-based & interactive media experience
• Outstanding verbal & visual communication skills.
• Has a passion for designing products and experiences for the complete consumer journey.
GE Appliances will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
If interested please e-mail your resume, portfolio PDF (6MB max) and URL (optional) to IDOIntern.Recruitment@geappliances.com with the subject line “Interaction Design Internship” by February 17, 2019 or visit www.geappliances.com/design-interns
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.