Graphic Designer – Virginia Beach, VA
Are you looking to further your career with an industry leading, global children's entertainment company?
Swimways Corporation, the outdoor business unit of Spin Master, is a leader in outdoor recreational products. Our goal is making free time more fun through innovation! Our Mission is to Push the Boundaries of Innovation, Creativity and Fun, and our Vision is to Make Life more Fun! We value Integrity, an Open Mindset, Innovation, Partnership, Collaboration, an Entrepreneurial Spirit and Driving Results. At Swimways, our unwavering commitment to open mindedness, integrity and innovation is a great part of what has made us an industry leader. How do we stay ahead of the pack? By hiring the best and brightest minds—and that’s why we want you!
What’s it like to work here?
Swimways is a fast-paced, hands-on organization that provides many great opportunities for impactful decision-making; we are building a legacy and welcome individuals with a proven track record of driving results.
As a Graphic Designer for Swimways you will be part of the company creative services team working in support of the company brands.. Reporting to the Director of Creative Services you will be responsible for designing and executing impactful packaging and collateral materials that articulate and reinforce the brand/product positions.
This role works closely with other members of the design team as well as the marketing and product development departments.
This role is ideal for a professional with proven experience in graphic design of products and packaging.
• Maintain knowledge of the SwimWays, Kelsyus, COOP and licensed packaging style guides and ability to execute without assistance
• Complete packaging designs as directed, developing appropriate graphical treatments for packaging, consistent with the marketing message and branding as outlined by the corporate style guide
• Partner with marketing, product development and other designers to meet the package requirements set forth by marketing
• Conceptualize and create printed materials (selling materials, point-of-purchase materials, product displays) and other custom artwork and able to deliver design solutions for multiple projects running simultaneously.
• Demonstrate service-oriented behavior: e.g. respects internal review process, meets deadlines, handles negative internal and client feedback with professionalism and grace, produces professional-quality deliverables
• Ability to design within Swimways and Licensing style guides, such as Disney, Marvel, Star Wars and Nickelodeon
• Develop package comps for retail sales presentations
• Regularly juggle tight deadlines and changing priorities
• Other duties as assigned
• This position reports to the Director, Creative Services
• This position has no direct reports
Experience and Attributes:
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Expert working knowledge of the Macintosh OS
• Advanced ability to color correct/retouch product, action & life style images
• Advanced hand Illustration skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Who’s a good fit for this team:
• Someone who sees the big picture and takes action to be part of it
• Someone who has pizzazz and presence – you’ll be working in a highly successful art department representing a global business unit of an international company
• Someone who loves creating for a fun brand and understands what makes great visuals
You should apply if you have the following:
• Associate degree in Fine Arts or Design or Certification and equivalent experience
• Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts or Design
• 4+ years’ experience in graphic design, product and packaging
What you can expect from us:
Our mission is to Make Life More Fun with a vision to push the boundaries of innovation, creativity, and fun. From top leadership to new and veteran team members alike, everyone at Swimways embodies our Core Values:
• Open Mindset
• Driving Results
How to Apply:
Please forward your resume to email@example.com.
Not only is Swimways an awesome place to build a career, we offer great pay and benefits, a fun and exciting place to work, and the absolute best employees!