As a member of OXO’s Brand Design team, the Packaging Designer is responsible for the concepting and design of graphics for all OXO packaging as well as point of purchase, signage and sales collateral. The designer works closely with the Associate Design Director, Copywriters, Photographers, Production Manager and Project Managers.
What’s Required for Consideration:
• Create visual solutions for packaging, point of purchase, signage and sales collateral, with support for e-commerce and digital applications when needed
• Understand, embody and deploy the OXO brand identity and packaging system
• Work cross-functionally with creative, product management, sales and brand communications teams
• Contribute to, attend and art direct photo shoots with the ability to create brand-right, focused, compelling imagery
• Design approximately 15 packaging projects per week in a fast-paced environment
• Create comps and presentations, and present your work weekly to internal stakeholders
• Packaging designer is NOT responsible for creation of dielines or mechanicals, but must have a thorough understanding of designing for 3D and of the production and print processes
• A history designing packaging for consumer products, retail brands, or major branding firms with clients in the consumer branding space
• 5 years of professional design experience with an emphasis on packaging design
• A bachelor’s degree in graphic design from an accredited four-year college
• A thorough understanding of design-related processes including photography, retouching, production and printing
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat) and Microsoft Office
• Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
For more information about who we are and what we do, click here.