What you'll be doing:
Reporting to the Senior Industrial Design Manager, this Design Engineer will be working on projects through the Design Engineering cycle to ensure products meet performance standards, quality expectations are manufacturable, and adhere to design briefs. This highly creative individual will play a key role in supporting the business the development of new products through the design of mechanisms, DFM, and the supporting of industrial design for the OXO brand.
Design Engineer Key Responsibilities:
• Leads design-engineering segment of a project, working with-in the design team.
• Work with industrial designers through the entire product development cycle.
• Design product architecture through mechanical design solutions.
• Create solutions that enhance a products performance and user experience.
• Engineer solutions that integrate with the industrial design.
• Engineer solutions that are manufacturable and within project budgets.
• able to verbally and visually communicate ideas and concepts.
• Generate CAD models and assemblies to evaluate and conceptualize how a product will be constructed.
• Simulate use-case of products through prototyping, model-building, proof-of-concept mock-ups of mechanical subsystems or complete assemblies.
• Share and present test results and design status with design team and managers, evaluating performance, project timeline, project risks, etc.
• Engineering support of new products from T1 through pilot/first production.
• Understand, troubleshoot and prove out manufacturing methods (molding, fabrication, etc.) for each unique product and application.
• As required, work with manufacturing partners to refine assembly and manufacturing process to ensure manufactured product meets design specification, functional and visual criteria (nit/flow lines, sink/deformation, flash, plating/finishing, etc.).
• communicate and work with project engineers when required to troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing issues.
• Revise/modify existing CAD files as required.
• Assist, advice and support industrial designers during early concept development.
• Contribute engineering resources and support for projects outside of team’s projects when required.
• Update and maintain project management software (trello, basecamp, toggl).
Requirements for Consideration:
• Must have online link or attachment of work samples.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering, or related.
• 1-5 years with: 3D CAD (Solidworks or Creo), prototyping, product manufacturing, and plastics and injection molding.
• Experience with Asian Manufacturing a plus.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage deadlines.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.