The Associate Technical Designer is responsible for all Technical Design functions for a segment of our private brand apparel with supervision from a Technical Designer. He/She will follow the technical design process with consideration to integrity of design, fit, garment construction and manufacturing processes needed to achieve cost and delivery standards.
• Interpret the designer's vision and create clear Technical Tech Packs from Proto stage to approval with detail sketches and measurement specifications that keep the integrity of design.
• Assist in the development of block pattern and technical specifications standards by brand/classification.
• Follow brand Matrix standards set in place to ensure spec integrity across all categories of product.
• Purchase competitor's samples, measure samples, and document specs onto competitive review forms.
• Assist in analyzing the data and presenting the information to Design, Product Management and Merchandising if necessary.
• Measure and prepare samples for fittings to ensure timely fit sessions and on time delivery from first proto sample to 'Top of Production' approval.
• Conducts fit session with Technical Designer present.
• Analyze all changes needed to the garment and translate this information concisely into the technical package.
• Assist in pattern corrections for each specific style.
• Learn how to evaluate graded nests against our grade rules tables.
• Tracks arrival of samples; organizes and maintains garments in the sample room as well as filing information and hard copy patterns; prioritize garments with Technical Designer. Keep tracking reports updated.
• Ensure that all time and action calendar deadlines are met
• Measure models weekly
• Communicates and partners with design. Sourcing team, and manufacturer to protect integrity of set specifications.
• Work on more cost effective methods of garment construction with help from Technical Designer. Attend all milestone meetings. Attend weekly brand meetings as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree- Apparel/Textiles OR equivalent industry experience
• 3-5 Years' experience in basic Technical Design
• Must be proficient with Excel, Microsoft and Adobe Illustrator
• Must be proficient with PDS pattern making system