Enlisted Design is seeking an Industrial Design Director to lead the Oakland studio’s industrial design discipline. This person will be an actively practicing industrial designer, responsible for pursuing meaningful solutions to bring client products to life, while also guiding the industrial design team’s daily work. Our Design Directors are not only advanced, actively practicing, Industrial Designers, they also oversee and guide the ID team's daily work.
Enlisted Design is an award-winning design studio with deep expertise in industrial design, branding, and packaging design. Across industries – from technology and homeware to consumer-packaged goods and lifestyle apparel – our work creates an emotional connection with people. Simply put, we create brands and products that people love. Founded in Oakland in 2008, we expanded to Salt Lake City in late 2018. Our team is a passion mix of diverse talents who love working together.
Core Capabilities and Responsibilities:
• Give vision for projects (how and what to present, project strategy, creative project management)
• Coordinate schedule and assign projects in conjunction with Program Manager
• Set pace and quality of work expectations and deliverables
• Client communications, meetings, workshops
• Conduct research (competitive landscape, environment, user research, inspirational imagery, etc.)
• Interpret research for strategy development
• Run brainstorms
• Idea synthesis and organizing / categorizing
• Concept selection for development
• Sketch development of general concepts, forms, and details
• CAD modelling and rendering of chosen concepts
• Storyboarding presentations
• Create physical models as well as 3D prints
• Execute back end design support (CMF documentation, DFM, ME support, commission models)
• Mentor and train junior and mid-level staff, monitor performance, and lead internal reviews
• 7+ Years of relevant, full-time experience
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited design program in Industrial Design
• Portfolio showcasing meaningful products that have gone to market, a developed design process, and masterful imagery and presentation
• Fluent visual and verbal communication skills (sketching and talking design)
• Proficiency in 2D and 3D programs
• Good attitude and personality
To apply for a role on our Industrial Design team, send your resume, link to an online portfolio, and a cover letter tailored to your interest in Enlisted to : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that due to the volume of email we receive, we will not be able to respond to all applicants
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.