Ammunition is an international design studio providing services in product design, brand strategy and identity, UX design, graphic design, and packaging. While Ammunition’s strengths are diverse across design disciplines, our real expertise is to redefine markets by using design to create new business territory, and to communicate and connect with customers. Whether it is a product, an interface, a package or an identity, our approach is to create new, exciting experiences for customers that communicate the unique proposition and the brand of our clients, and to differentiate in meaningful ways.
The Interface designer will work within Ammunition’s User Experience (UX) team, focusing on designing digital interfaces that effectively embody the product’s purpose and the business’s brand. They will bridge the space between Ammunition’s brand design team (which will develop the brand language) and the larger UX team (which develops wireframes defining the product architecture), to develop brand-appropriate graphic systems that streamline and clarify the functionality of the digital products we design. They will also be the design team’s interface with outside developers, ensuring that the design system is clearly communicated to developers, and that the designs can be efficiently developed on the target platform(s). Depending on their skills and interests, they will have the opportunity to extend their work into the brand design and UX fields, and to collaborate in the UI design for hardware devices, participating on the integration of interfaces across the customer experience.
Working at Ammunition is an exciting opportunity to stretch your UI skills across a wide range of product types and industries, and experience the process of bringing products from an entrepreneur’s mind into customers’ hands.
• Collaborate with clients and other team members to ensure that the client’s vision is executed with attention to brand, business, and user requirements.
• Translate established brand languages into beautiful, best-practice digital interfaces.
• Work with UX designers to design compelling interface structures that meet the defined experience requirements.
• Ensure that interfaces are designed for production, with an eye to their feasibility on the platform they’re designed for.
• Create digital prototypes for communicating interactions to clients and target users.
• Develop documentation standards and deliverables that help developers successfully execute the designs.
• Collaborate with team members to create interface strategies across platforms.
• As the visual design center of the UX group, support the graphic presentation of the group’s deliverables.
• Portfolio demonstrating an ability to create elegant, stand-out digital interface designs for a variety of brands.
• 3+ years’ experience in the design of apps, websites, and ideally, on-product screen interfaces.
• Ability to communicate design intentions and choices in a way that helps clients make good design decisions.
• Ability to work collaboratively and productivity with team members across disciplines.
• Facility with Sketch/InVision/Zeplin, relevant UI animation software, and Adobe CC products
• Familiarity with the capabilities and limitations of front-end platforms for websites and apps (iOS and Android)
Please send your résumé and portfolio in an email entitled “Interface Designer” to email@example.com.
Only those applicants who meet our stated requirements will be considered for this job. If you are a possible match for the position, we will contact you to learn more about your background and answer questions about our hiring process. Principals only. No recruiters, please.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.