Schylling Inc. is an award-winning Toy and Gift Company and makers of the original Lava Lamp. For over forty years, Schylling has specialized in creating timeless toys and innovative gifts with appeal to consumers of all ages. Our company is located in the beautiful and historic East Mill in North Andover, MA.
We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced, self-motivated Product Designer on Schylling’s Product Development team. The ideal candidate is a highly inventive designer with the skills to create new products and line segments for our universally recognized Lava Lamp brand. The candidate has an aptitude towards innovation, problem solving, fashion trends and consumer insights.
The designer is responsible for shepherding Lava Lamp and novelty lighting products through all stages of development, from concept ideation, design execution and manufacturing to ensure on time delivery to our customers. Candidates should be creative and resourceful designers with demonstrated success developing product in the toy, lighting or consumer products industries. Candidates should have a minimum 6 years of experience and proven successes in the development of innovative products and lines that deliver to brand strategies and business objectives.
About the Job
• Manage the design and development of Lava Lamp and novelty lighting products through all stages, from concept creation, design execution through production.
• Partner with Management, Sales and Operations to develop product and brand assets that deliver to strategic objectives and business opportunities.
• Communicate daily with our China manufacturing partners to throughout the product development process.
• Create product and brand presentations for Sales customer presentations.
• Work collaboratively with design team in the development of packaging and product graphic and final turnover art.
• Define and shape the new product strategy, innovative concepts and create line plans for upcoming product cycles.
All Applicants will have:
• 6+ years professional experience in consumer product design.
• Demonstrated experience in the development of products in the toy, lighting or consumer electronics industries.
• Creative thinker with the capacity to generate innovative concepts and the discipline to develop those concepts into strategic and market relevant products.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Possess an entrepreneurial spirit with a business-oriented mindset.
• Excel in a fast-paced environment with a small team.
• Passion for toys and children’s products is essential to be effective in the role.
• Strong knowledge and interest of toy industry trends, leading brands, products, and what’s emerging.
Job Requirements and Skills:
• BA or BS in Toy Design or Industrial Design.
• 6+ years of professional design/product development and design experience with a toy, lighting or consumer electronics.
• Experience with daily manufacturing partner communication.
• Proficient in all phases of design process – preliminary, development and production.
• Strong visual, written and verbal communication skills.
• Have an ability to keep up with new creative trends.
• Must possess knowledge of industry standard design software.
• Action orientated, self-motivated professional with commercial awareness.
• Able to manage multiple projects in various stages simultaneously with excellent time and project management skills.
• Confident in collating presentation materials together and using relevant software such as PowerPoint, with experience in all Microsoft Office platforms.
What we offer:
• Competitive salary and consideration for annual bonus incentives.
• Medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, flexible spending plans, company paid life insurance, paid time off and product discounts.
• A chance to grow in a progressive environment.
Do you fit this profile? If you are interested in helping us build for the future, please send your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include salary range requirements