Packaging Graphic Designer
Location: #1 - 160 Federal St. 12th Floor, Boston, Massachusetts 02110
Career Level: Mid-Level
Pay Range: $60,000+ annually depending on qualifications and experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Who are we?
Trader Joe's is your favorite neighborhood grocery store! With over 480 stores nationwide (and growing), we are the place to be. Looking for something delicious and a friendly conversation? At Trader Joe's, you can find both. We love being your first and favorite place to shop.
What do we do?
Like shopping at Trader Joe's? Then, maybe you'll love working with us. We are looking for an experienced Packaging Graphic Designer who is searching to do what they'll love - creating the designs to inform and excite our customers! Do you have experience in creating custom illustrations and have great typography? Do you love food? If so, read on! We may the role of a lifetime for you!
Trader Joe's is unlike any place you've ever worked. Trust us on that. The qualified Packaging Graphic Designer has at least two years of graphic design experience in a studio setting and is a raving fan of the Trader Joe's concept. A Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design is strongly preferred. This role is based in our office in Boston, MA.
The Packaging Graphic Designer is responsible for:
- Designing 2 & 3 dimensional packaging (labels, tags, boxes and bags) to showcase our products.
- Incorporating hand-drawn artwork, clip-art, photography and type to develop packaging that correctly positions products within their category and resonates with our customers.
- Developing designs for our regional reusable bags.
- Assisting stores (from time to time) with marketing requests.
- Developing graphics for internal meetings and events
- Working collaboratively with other departments.
The Packaging Graphic Designer has:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design (or equivalent experience).
- A minimum of 2-3 years graphic design experience in a studio setting (preferably in packaging).
- Demonstrated strength in creative thought and visual problem solving.
- Fluency in Adobe CC (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc).
- Thorough understanding of print production processes (process color, flexography, etc).
- A positive attitude, strong communication skills, and a passion for creating package design solutions that excite our customers!
We want to hear from you!
We get a lot of resumes; so to help us get to know you better, please submit your resume and cover letter. When creating your cover letter, please answer these questions:
- What is your favorite Trader Joe's product and why?
- What makes you uniquely qualified for this position?
Trader Joe's is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring a diverse Crew.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.