Brainrider is a marketing services company with teams in LA, New York, San Francisco, Menlo Park, London and Toronto helping our clients build beautiful, effective, compelling content and campaigns.
We are a team of craftspeople. Our expertise and understanding earn our clients’ trust. We are successful when our clients value us. We hold ourselves accountable. We are driven to become better. We do our best when we work as a team.
We work in an open-concept space designed for team collaboration, filled with creativity, productivity, experimentation, and learning. Whether we’re brainstorming better marketing ideas for our clients or pushing hard to meet a tight deadline, it all happens with teamwork, adaptability, and optimism.
Brainrider is looking for a talented Graphic Designer to work full time supporting our client’s Analog Research Lab at their Headquarters in Menlo Park and other offices around the Bay Area. This designer will join our client-embedded on-site team, as a member of the client's internal creative services group
The Analog Research Lab (ARL) program promotes creativity, innovation, openness, and connectivity within the company community through art and design. The Lab is made up of a team of talented designers and artists who manage the creation of posters, prints, and other creative mediums. The ARL is first and foremost a makerspace.
The ARL Graphic Designer should be passionate about and well-versed design (illustration, typography, brand identity, iconography, etc). The expectation is that you possess an ability to create detailed, production-ready designs, enjoy collaboration but can work autonomously.
Your portfolio must show exceptional design work for multiple clients and multiple formats/surfaces, preferably conveying a deep understanding of design fundamentals.
* Brand identity design and documentation.
* Experienced with building comprehensive brand ID guides that can be handed off to partners to execute against. Including print, supergraphics, wayfinding and iconography systems, branded goods, and on-screen graphic systems.
* Design, typesetting, illustration and layout for posters, publications, and other ephemera - flyers, cards, digital image assets for social sharing and web use.
* Environmental/supergraphic installations.
* Ability to create detailed, production-ready design documents that extend beyond the page and onto walls. Including building on architectural drawings, creating detailed plans/schematics for production, manufacturing and installation.
* Writing and copyediting.
* Ability to compose blog posts, short social posts, long-form storytelling for publications as needed.
* Project brief writing.
* Ability to create design deliverables in both digital and print format (posters, stickers, booklets, and other printed collateral)
* 6+ years of design work experience
* Passion for layout, color, typography, and effective visual communication
* Ability to collaborate in a cross-functional environment and prioritize work against multiple deadlines
* Ability to hit the ground running in a fast-paced work environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to give and receive design feedback, and critique respectfully
* Applicants must include a portfolio link with relevant work samples
This is a full-time position working 100% on-site at our client's office in Menlo Park, CA.
Compensation: annual salary of $110,000 - $130,000, plus 15 days PTO per year, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and other benefits.
Impressive candidates selected to advance through our rigorous evaluation and hiring process will be contacted.
No agencies or recruiters please.