“We exist to create innovative products that give people more time to enjoy life. We do things differently, but only when that difference is meaningful. Our goal is to be a company people know they can rely on, a friend that’s on their side. These are things we’re not just promising.”
ViCentra is an innovative medical device company developing a ground breaking product for the management of diabetes. Working for ViCentra you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives. ViCentra also believes our continued success depends upon the engagement and development of our employees and we strive to provide a fun, inspiring and supportive work environment with the opportunity to develop.
We’re currently seeking a Freelance Junior Graphic Designer to join our talented ViCentra family in Utrecht, The Netherlands. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Student or recent graduate to have a varied, interesting role and work within a dynamic, innovative culture; rapidly challenging and broadening your skills and developing your career.
You will be involved in the creation and production of graphics for digital and print, developing from a conceptual level and within established branding and style guidelines, creating exceptional brand experiences. Your responsibilities will include:
• Support graphic design projects from concept to completion as part of the small, collaborative, close-knit creative team
• Maximise graphic design performance across print, digital and packaging to tell visual stories and ensure brand consistency
• Translate copy into effective design by applying a robust understanding of communication hierarchy and marketing objectives
• Provide appropriate design materials to meet deadlines working in collaboration with and taking direction from our Graphic Designer and Creative Design Manager
Initial projects include:
• Create new branded PowerPoint templates for our brands
• Create Outlook and Mailchimp email templates
• Creating brand presentations for internal and external use
• Create Word templates
• Creating brand materials including Guidebook, brochures and postcards in additional languages
• Implement graphics and artwork into product software
The ideal candidate to join our team should have:
• Bachelor’s degree or studying Graphic Design, Visual Communication or similar field
• Be fully versed in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
• Strong Microsoft Office skills and ability to create templates in PowerPoint, Word and Outlook are a must
• Have a portfolio of work that demonstrates a passion for branding and visual identities
• Previous experience of working with consumer lifestyle, fashion and beauty brands is highly beneficial as we seek to bring a lifestyle approach to our products
• Have strong conceptual ideas, creative flair and typographic skills
• Have a range of multi-disciplinary experience, including print, digital and packaging
• Have a passion for creativity and its application in the commercial world
• Have a love of simplicity in design
• Enjoy challenging creative thinking and love to pour ideas into a brief
• Be able to confidently juggle multiple projects and communicate information and ideas
• Be energetic, confident and proactive; taking pride in everything you do
• Have strong organisational skills and a keen eye for detail
• Have a flexible working attitude and be someone who is willing to go the extra mile to contribute to great team work
• Dutch a benefit, but not essential
What we offer
In addition to a varied and interesting role, you’ll be working in a small, friendly and highly motivated team. We are also offering:
• A very competitive rate
• Contribution towards travel costs
• Flexible hours which are project based (the number of hours to be subject to discussion) to be worked anytime between 07:00 – 19:00, Monday - Friday
• A work environment where you can develop your skills, learn from the best and be rewarded for your imagination
• Social events and team lunches
• Creative office vibe with a picnic area, beanbags and ping pong table
• Informal dress code, we’re all about wearing flip-flops in the summer and cosy boots in the winter!
Working in Utrecht you will be working in one of The Netherlands oldest cities with a beautiful medieval centre arranged around canals. Recently voted the most vibrant city in the country (with the largest University in The Netherlands) it is the fourth largest city in the country. It is situated in the centre of the country 48km south of Amsterdam (27 minutes by train) and as such is within easy travel of a number of cities and sights. Moreover, we have a word hard/ play hard approach and believe in creating a fun, exciting work environment so ping pong breaks, team lunches and outings are usual. The free coffee and snacks help too!
To apply please use the link below or email your CV, a brief cover letter and a link to your online portfolio or PDF portfolio no larger than 5MB to email@example.com, stating that you are applying for the position of Freelance Junior Graphic Designer. For more information, please email the above address or call Sarah Lee on +31 (0) 88 3232 896.
**We will start interviewing successful candidates without delay, therefore please submit your CV and portfolio as soon as possible. If we like what we see we will contact you, if we don’t contact you within 4 weeks we’ve probably proceeded with other candidates but don’t lose heart as we might reach out to you if we have a different role or project we think might be a match**
ViCentra is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Due to the international nature of the Company applications are only accepted in English and candidates must also have the right to work in the Netherlands.
Please note all employees at ViCentra start on a contract basis which will be extended for the right candidate. Cultural fit is as important as ability and for the right individual this position offers the potential for a long term career within an innovative, dynamic company.
Keywords: Junior Graphic Designer / Adobe CS / Illustrator / Photoshop / Visual Design / Consumer Lifestyle / Fashion / Beauty / English / Utrecht / Ede / Arnhem / Eindhoven / Rotterdam / Leiden / Hilversum / Amstelveen / Amsterdam
Agencies: Please note ViCentra does not accept agency CV’s or portfolios. ViCentra is not responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes.