This role is responsible for concepting and designing all branding and print efforts, to be adapted through all our retail channels (stores, e-com, catalog). The role will work closely with art directors, catalog, visual merchandising, and e-com designers. They will be responsible for guiding and directing projects from design concept through to production and maintaining branding and print standards.
• Brainstorm and design new and original concepts for core and specialty packaging
• Concept and design materials related to the catalog and other direct to consumer collateral
• Liaison between merchants, project managers, copywriters and designers for all projects
• Develop identity and collateral for special brand-expanding initiatives
• Collaborate with visual merchandising team on in-store signage, events and store collateral
• Creatively solve issues identified by the merchandising teams
• Work closely with project managers and merchants to obtain all relevant information, technical requirements and timelines for each project.
• Conceptualize and design printed collateral for West Elm hotels
• Occasional aid to product design for type/ graphic treatments
• Review color and final composition on key projects
• Work on style guides and brand presentations
• Illustration skills a plus
Skills + Requirements:
• 4+ years of experience
• Excellent typography skills and attention to detail
• Fluent in Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
• Proactive, outgoing, and self-driven
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Very organized, detail-oriented
• Hard work ethic, desire to learn and grow
• Ability to multi-task under tight timelines
• Understand material costs and designing within cost parameters
• Actively participate and help drive the creative process by presenting thorough and well-developed recommendations to meet the given objectives
• Have excellent understanding of the design, print production processes
• Participate in developing realistic time lines. Work from production schedules and status to manage time and prioritize daily workload. Ensure work is completed on time
We offer an extensive benefits package designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here’s a look at what you might be eligible for:
• Competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; tax-free spending accounts; same-sex domestic partner benefits; commuter benefits; and more
• A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
• Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
• A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
• Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
• Discounts on nearby gyms and other local businesses
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.