The Senior Graphic Designer helps drive the creative look and feel for our seasonal product launches, as well as concepting and designing all branding efforts, to be adapted through all our retail channels (stores, e-com, catalog). They will work closely with art directors, photo, and e-com designers, and will be responsible for guiding and directing projects from design concept through to production. The senior graphic designer will be responsible for a wide range of print touchpoints including catalog, new branding initiatives, hotels, packaging and other marketing materials, while working closely with production designers.
• Concept, design, and oversee production of materials related to the catalog and other direct to consumer collateral.
• Partner with Photo, Editorial, and Merchant teams on story concepts to support key product initiatives for each season.
• Design and guide production of marketing materials from concept to presentation to final execution.
• Integrate editorial content into print material and collaborate closely with copy team to communicate brand messaging
• Conceptualize and design printed collateral and other branding touchpoints for West Elm hotels
• Contribute to seasonal cross-channel marketing campaign concepts
• Develop identity and collateral for special brand-expanding initiatives
• Liaison between merchants, project managers, copywriters and designers for all projects
• Work with photo team to elevate and evolve the photo aesthetic & storytelling while supporting the overall brand direction.
• Concept and design seasonal packaging directions, maintaining consistent look and feel with other print channels
• Review color and final composition on key projects
• Occasional aid to product design for type/ graphic treatments
• Work on style guides and brand presentations
• Illustration skills a plus
Skills + Requirements:
• 5+ years experience
• Excellent typography skills and attention to detail
• Fluent in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Proactive, outgoing, and self-driven
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Very organized, detail-oriented
• Hard work ethic, desire to learn and grow
• Ability to multi-task under tight timelines
• Understand material costs and designing within cost parameters
• Actively participate and help drive the creative process by presenting thorough and well-developed recommendations to meet the given objectives
• Have excellent understanding of the design, print production processes
• Participate in developing realistic time lines. Work from production schedules and status to manage time and prioritize daily workload. Ensure work is completed on time
We offer an extensive benefits package designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here’s a look at what you might be eligible for:
• Competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; tax-free spending accounts; same-sex domestic partner benefits; commuter benefits; and more
• A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
• Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
• A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
• Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
• Discounts on nearby gyms and other local businesses
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.