Duties and Responsibilities
* Observe users on jobsites to develop understanding of customer requirements and gain inspiration for new product opportunities.
* Drive concept generation through brainstorms, competitive assessments, market opportunities and unmet user needs.
* Develop ideas through rapid 2D sketching, study models and 3D CAD while considering manufacturing and cost parameters.
* Communicate the design intent through visual storytelling to gain acceptance by project stakeholders.
* Thrive in a fast-pace design environment, with the agility to work between several projects concurrently.
* Apply fundamental ergonomics relative to the project. Evaluate concepts for comfort and usability through study models and mock-ups.
* Produce documentation necessary to communicate the design intent to global engineering and marketing teams.
* Create comprehensive presentations which outline concepts to multidisciplinary teams.
* Follow project through all stages leading to production to ensure detailing and design intent is intact.
* Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design
* 3+ years' experience in a product design environment.
* Portfolio of product designs, demonstrating process through sketches, renderings, visual thinking, storyboards and CAD modeling.
* Exceptional professional written and verbal communication skills.
* Software requirements: Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchbook Pro, Alias, Solidworks.
* Demonstrate the ability to collaborate in a team environment and handle multiple projects.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.