Brand Designer at Mozilla Overview:
Mozilla is a community of engineers, designers, makers and problem solvers. We work in the fishbowl known as open source, with a clear focus on making the web better. We are currently hiring a contract Brand designer in our San Francisco location. Working with us, you’ll help build amazing experiences, and help us tell our story to a growing audience.
Mozilla isn’t just a great place to work. It’s an experience you’ll carry with you throughout your career. From the passionate people you’ll learn from, to the chances you’ll have to make the Web a better place, your time with Mozilla will be unlike any other. To be part of the team, we ask that you be awesome, intelligent, and proud to be moving the mission forward.
Initially, this role will focus on working closely with our Design Leads to expand the Firefox narrative across social, digital, print, blog, and web properties. This team has insight into all of the business strategies and initiatives at Mozilla and is responsible for the main content platform for Mozilla and Firefox. It’s a dynamic and exciting team to be a part of. Your role will be to design a connected, compelling experience for our users as they move across and into our website, including providing design solutions for our Internal Comms, Workplace Resources, and Event Marketing teams.
A smart and passionate graphic designer with a strong and diverse portfolio showcasing experience across a variety of mediums, including digital, print, web, and environmental/experiential design. You’re comfortable asking questions, interested in data and research, and looking to create user-centered experiences. You think on a macro and a micro level, make decisions that support both the system and the individual component. You are well versed in both digital and print and are able to contribute on both levels, from concept to final production. You have experience designing and shipping consumer facing digital products as well as working on one-off projects that may include comms, social, and print components. You’re passionate about how things work and interact and in creating a visually cohesive and well designed experience.
- Help with intake and shape project strategy, process and goals.
- Work closely with Design Leads, key stakeholders, and our Producer and Creative Director to understand the requirements of a creative brief, develop concepts, iterate quickly, and ship experiences in a digital and print framework.
- Think systemically and help create a pain free and seamless experience for the user.
- Demonstrate solutions to external partners and iterate quickly on feedback.
- Advocate for the importance of user centered design and consumer quality experiences on the team and within the greater organization.
Your Professional Profile:
- Passion to design excellent products for humans
- 5+ years of professional experience in graphic design
- Strong portfolio of interaction, brand, and visual design
- Ability to rapidly conceive, visualize and iterate design solutions in a shared environment
- Excellent communication skills (or relevant experience)
- Experience designing and shipping digital consumer facing products
- Knowledge of user research
- Strong visual design skills
- Type, color, layout, hierarchy
- Iconography and illustration
- Image making
- Experience with creating digital design systems
- Multi-disciplinary, always-learning mindset
- Experience in working on a distributed team
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on products that promote choice and transparency and give people more control over their lives online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.
Please submit a portfolio link & a few sentences about what makes you uniquely qualified to join our team to Abbie Duckham at email@example.com. As your subject, please include: “Mozilla Brand Designer + Your Name”. Candidates in San Francisco are preferred.
Please submit a portfolio link & a few sentences about what makes you uniquely qualified to join our team to Abbie Duckham at firstname.lastname@example.org. As your subject, please include: “Mozilla Brand Designer + Your Name”. Candidates in San Francisco are preferred
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.