Areaware | Graphic Designer
Brooklyn, New York
As Graphic Designer for Areaware, you will report directly to the Art Director. Your job is to create visual assets for all our packaging and communication channels that clearly communicate the Areaware point-of-view. The ideal candidate is versatile, driven, detail-oriented, and curious, with experience across tools and mediums and an interest in consumer goods. Experience in front-end development a plus. Experience in 3D modeling a plus.
• Consistent representation of the Areaware brand, in adherence to Areaware
style guide and brand guidelines
• Create layouts and illustrations for product packaging
• Lead the creation of packaging dieline and dieline library
• Create visuals for marketing emailers, homepage, and social media as needed
• Contribute to website UX design as needed
• Contribute to email template design and development
• Lead the design and production of catalogs and printed collateral
• Select and negotiate with printing vendors as needed
• Review and approve packaging samples
• Produce physical mock-ups and renderings of packaging and printed materials as needed
• Make seasonal updates to existing printed and digital material, including linesheets, pricelists, business stationery, and web graphics
• Oversee contractors as needed
• Collaborate with Creative Team to ensure designs are consistent with the Areaware brand
• Liaise with marketing and product development team
• 2-4 years relevant experience
• Bachelor’s in Graphic Design or related field
• Knowledge of packaging design (tolerances, dielines, 3D form building)
• Strong understanding of graphic design concepts, including typography, color, visual flow, layout, legibility
• Passion for design, prototyping, ingenuity, discovery, and learning
• Experience managing print production (pre-flight, press checks, color proofs)
• Strong file management and organizational skills
• Detail oriented
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills, a can-do attitude
• Highly proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
• Proficiency in front-end web development desired
• Proficiency in Rhino desired
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Graphic Designer” in the subject line. Please include your cover letter, resume and portfolio.
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position is exempt based on the FLSA laws.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.