About the team
Uber Eats is looking for great design thinkers and problem solvers for a brand new team that will transform how people get their groceries. As a Product Designer on the grocery team, you’ll take on tough interaction and service design challenges, and you’ll work on big new ideas that will transform how people eat. You’ll collaborate with design-oriented engineers, product managers and some of the world’s best designers and researchers on our fast-paced, rapidly growing Toronto team. You’ll make magic by crafting and shipping delicious and delightful experiences for people around the world.
What you’ll do
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Create wireframes and prototypes to solve difficult UX problems
- Obsess over the details of visual and motion design
- Design systems to make simple, elegant experiences based on our complex logistics and machine learning technology
- Work with product to define requirements, not just translate them to design
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and ops
- Partner with our UX research team to better understand the needs of our customers. There will be ample opportunities for travel for research and inspiration
- Collaborate with engineers to build your amazing designs
- Ship, measure and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Brainstorm and iterate with your design colleagues to help raise the bar on the whole Eats experience
What you’ll need
- Experience as a product designer: at least 4 years but potentially much more—we are hiring at the senior- and staff-level
- Ability to solve complex design problems
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
- Effective prototyping skills
- A track record of shipping great design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle
- Comprehensive knowledge of mobile and web design patterns (and when to break them)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.