At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are built for the wild.
About the role...
As a member of the YETI Industrial Design Team, this successful candidate will possess a deep understanding of the YETI brand and what it takes to deliver great design. The Sr. Industrial Designer will champion industrial design efforts of new YETI products through understanding consumer wants and needs, creative problem solving, and communicating their ideas with the larger organization. A high level of teamwork and collaboration is paramount to the success of our organization, “No One Succeeds Alone!”
• Lead industrial design efforts through all phases of the design and development process
• Analyze and translate consumer insights into tangible YETI design solutions
• Conceptualize compelling ways of providing new value and innovation for our customers and end users
• Develop competitive product evaluations and benchmarking
• Maintain and develop brand identity via the established YETI visual design language
• Guide design intent from initial concept through production
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design
• 6-8 years experience in industrial design and development of consumer products
• Soft goods experience strongly preferred
• Engaging story telling ability through 2D sketching and 3D physical and virtual modeling
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Creative thinker and problem solver
• A deep understanding of the product development process
• Experience working with Global Manufacturing Partners
• A “never settle” attitude
• Personal interest and experience with outdoor pursuits is a huge plus
• Believes that working on the YETI Innovation Team is their dream job!
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.