Our goal at ASTRO as a design studio is to bridge the gap that exists between people culture and technology by designing meaningful products, brands and experiences that improve the human experience. Rooted in design empowerment, User Experience is the fabric that knits together our multidisciplinary practice. We collaborate with our clients to create culturally relevant brands, products and experiences through our unique West Coast lens in our studio in San Francisco.
A Senior Designer at ASTRO works on a range of project types spanning across our multidisciplinary practice. From assisting in crafting of brand identity systems to digital interfaces, Senior Designers are expected to work with CDs and Lead designers across disciplines to create POVs for brands, products and experiences that will serve as the inspiration and cornerstone upon which these are built. We are looking for a hands-on designer that can collaborate with creative directors, and designers across brand, industrial design, and insights to develop solutions for our clients.
Senior Designers are expected to be part of the studio’s client relationships. They should be comfortable explaining and presenting their design work at high-visibility stakeholder level, as well as delivering guidance and leadership during the design process. We are here to provide design solutions that bridge the gap that exists between their brands, products, experiences—and their audience.
As part of the ASTRO family, Senior Designers are expected to be brand ambassadors for the studio’s work and mission. Building and evolving the ASTRO brand is one of the most important responsibilities for all designers in the studio; this requires active participation on marketing, communications and internal event efforts, as well as attending cultural and design events on a regular basis.
• 4+ years of experience in-house or agency/studio environment
• A strong, original portfolio of diverse creative brand work. From logo design to
• Clear understanding of brand development workflows
• A self-managing, motivated and entrepreneurial outlook
• Experience working with other designers in a team/studio setting
• Ability to deliver and take constructive feedback gracefully
• Solid understanding of global trends, technology and fashion
• Strong, unique communication and visualization skills
• Expert understanding of the Creative Suite graphic applications
• Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign are a minimum
• Understanding of digital experience prototyping tools for product/mobile/web, like
Sketch, Figma, Flinto, UXPin, WebFlow, etc.
• Understanding of prepress and printing processes
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Visual Communications is
• Drawing, photography, illustration, motion, 3d modeling, coding or writing skills are
• Packaging-design experience is an absolute plus
• Work with CDs and Lead Designers across brand development for print and digital
experiences and industrial design
• Work collaborative while inspiring and helping others become better designers
• Take direction from Creative Directors and Lead Designers. Deliver and receive
constructive feedback to achieve the objectives determined by each project
• Hands-on design approach. Seniorr Designers are graphic design role models for
• Collaborate in the development of brand and industrial design POVs
• Contribute to the improvement of Astro’s brand-development process
• Contribute to the overall Astro brand communications
• Be aware of budgets and timelines as outlined by Program Managers and
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.