The UI/UX Designer role at Small Planet encompasses both Interaction Design and Visual Design in the service of creating inspired mobile applications and other digital products. Our designers contribute to the entire product lifecycle, from problem validation and UX research, to UX/UI design and development, testing, and iteration.
We are looking for creative and rigorous thinkers who can create elegant and intuitive interfaces that honor and engage users. We especially value communication, openness, and collaboration.
EVERY DAY, YOU WILL...
• Assist with UX research through interviews and testing
• Contribute to devising design solutions
• Create low and high fidelity prototypes
• Create UX documentation as needed — user journeys, interactions flows, wireframes, motion and transitions
• Execute UX and Visual design in coordination with creative directors, developers, producers
• Document comprehensive design systems
• Deliver design specs and assets to developers
• Articulate and defend design decisions
• Track industry trends and best practices
• Contribute to improving internal processes
ALL CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE
• 2+ years of experience in UI/UX design, preferably servicing clients
• Experience with design tools, such as Sketch, Illustrator, etc.
• Experience with prototyping tools, such as Invision, Framer, etc.
• Basic illustration skills
• Ability to work quickly and surely in multiple streams and consistently deliver precise and high quality work
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
• Mobile-specific (iOS and Android) design experience
• Experience working in sprints on Agile teams
• A strategic outlook and product sensibility
• Basic understanding of code, or willingness to learn
• Inexhaustible curiosity, empathy, and drive to learn and grow
We are seeking candidates that can join our team and work full time in our Dumbo, Brooklyn, office. In addition to your CV and portfolio link please include a cover email letting us know why you'd be a good fit for us here at Small Planet.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.