The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices (JJMDC) Industrial Design and Human Factors (IDHF) organization is seeking an exceptionally talented, user-centered Senior Human Factors Engineer (HFE) who is passionate about improving the quality of people's lives through compelling design experiences. This position will reside in Cincinnati, OH.
JJMDC is one of the world’s largest, most innovative surgical companies. The businesses represented are Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products, Biosense Webster, Cerenovus, DePuySynthes, Ethicon, Mentor, and J&J Vision.
The IDHF team leads contextual research to discover unmet user needs, creates usability specifications and requirements, develops concepts and iteratively tests with stakeholders throughout a robust formative and summative usability process.
This position will interact closely with the Industrial Designers and product development teams to design and evaluate user interfaces (hardware and software) for medical devices and associated training /instructional elements.
We are a diverse, collaborative, and global team, striving to create products and solutions that improve patient outcomes by delivering remarkable user experiences. The successful candidate will help us elevate world-class human factors approaches throughout the organization while providing timely usability insight to the product development teams.
- BS Degree in Human Factors Engineer, Usability Engineering, Cognitive Science, Anthropology, or equivalent degrees (e.g., engineering psychology, biomedical engineering, industrial engineering [with a focus in HF].
- Post-Graduate Degrees are a plus and will be considered as part of the applicant’s professional experience.
- 5+ years’ human factors/usability engineering experience/ user validation testing or equivalent relevant experience in product development and user research.
- Experience planning and executing Human Factors Engineering activities, including ethnographic research, formative and summative usability studies, and documentation for design control and risk management is required.
- Knowledge of human perception, cognition, anthropometrics, biomechanics and physiology is required.
- Familiarity with FDA, ISO, AAMI, and other relevant usability regulations and standards is highly preferred.
- Clinical experience and/or experience with Medical Device design is highly preferred.
- Experience/Training in software & GUI development is a strong plus.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.