Once in a career, you get a chance to make this kind of impact.
Fortune favors the bold.
Read carefully and, if this sounds like you, please apply and include your portfolio. Highlight your graphic design, copy and leadership skills. Please note, this is a "player/coach" role. You will be personally using your considerable graphic design skills for approximately 50% of the time.
This is a hands-on, multi-level role that includes strategy, creative exploration and execution of all creative asset deliverables. You’ll set the creative direction for brand, campaign and seasonal assets, then roll up your sleeves with the team and execute the plans. You are responsible for planning and managing team tools and resources: organizational structure, talent development, budget, calendar and work process. You will work closely with the VP of Marketing as you lead and manage the internal creative team. You’ll ensure the brand has a consistent look and feel as it is expressed across multiple platforms and channels.
You personally review and provide input on every key asset and piece of content we consider.
The work you and your team delivers includes: capturing and interpreting the essence of the brand, maintaining and updating brand presentations and our style guide, developing conceptual options (visual and copy) for all marketing campaigns, oversight of lifestyle, model and product photography, and execution of emails, web assets, direct mail, POS collateral, sales catalogs and social media assets.
You deliver outstanding creative expressions of the Life is Good brand for all channels, creating meaningful, emotional connections for our current and future customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the outspoken, proactive champion of the brand in every channel (look, feel, voice, tone) within the marketing team and throughout Life is Good
- Ensure our brand has a consistent look and feel but that creative evolves with market and consumer trend
- Provide leadership to the marketing creative function ensuring the team, culture, capabilities and processes support our strategic objectives and strengthen our brand
- Influence brand strategy and translate it into detailed design guidelines, ensuring that all teams follow design guidelines and brand aesthetic
- Review all marketing creative work (design, photography and copy) across channels and brand initiatives to ensure that brand identity is communicated consistently and effectively
- Guide copywriters to deliver compelling, engaging copy that pairs well with creative design and ensure that all assets fit the life is Good brand voice.
- Use your own strong graphic design and creative skills to bring fresh creative energy to each season
- Execute graphic design deliverables yourself, through your team and freelance talent
- Actively and effectively manage, mentor and inspire the creative design team
- Create and manage work process for the team and between teams to ensure work gets done on time, on budget and with exceptional creative output
- Manage and prioritize requests for marketing assets from all other departments
YOU'LL KNOW YOU'RE SUCCESSFUL WHEN
- Our leaders agree and say “you get it” about our Brand DNA
- Our copy is original, authentic and unforgettable
- We can show the connection between our creative brand expression and the positive results we achieve
- You and your team meet your annual goals
- Your team learns and grows with your direction and support
- Teammates view you as a positive and creative brand leader who leverages their unique skillsets to consistently strengthen our brand, business, culture and community
Your Experience and Qualifications:
- You have experience, talent and passion for generating inspiring, strategic creative every day
- Your past roles were in fast-paced, creative environments and you loved them
- You have shown your ability to move quickly and comfortably between multiple projects, managing them from start to finish, knowing where they are likely to get stuck and making sure they don’t get stuck
- You have a critical eye for copy and it’s role in executing compelling creative assets
- You have demonstrated an ability to work both independently and as part of a dynamic team of creative professionals
- You have proven your talent for managing, mentoring and inspiring a marketing creative team
- You know and can apply current creative trends in experiential, digital and direct marketing,
- You've earned a B.A/B.F.A in Graphic Design, Art, Advertising or another related field
- You are adept at using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and other Creative Studio applications
- You have some web design experience and an excellent understanding of the technical possibilities and limitations of web design
- You've successfully managed multiple complex projects
- You demonstrate exceptional decision-making and analytical skills
Your Personal Attributes
- You believe passionately in our mission and the Life is Good Superpowers
- You’re creative, curious and love to share
- You’ve been successful at cultivating highly collaborative internal and external relationships
- You are skilled and comfortable working independently and as part of a dynamic team of creative professionals
- You are known for your ability to give and receive feedback thoughtfully and constructively
- You speak clearly, simply and succinctly
- You have a consistently optimistic disposition
We're located in the innovative Fort Point neighborhood. You'll be involved in growing our social mission through the Life is Good Kids Foundation. We offer top quality Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Transit or Parking Reimbursement Accounts, Life, AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability, 401(k) with matching funds, Vacation, 10 paid holidays, Personal Time, Good Vibes Time and Family Time. We have furry friends in the office. Allergy alert!
Life is Good is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender orientation or expression, marital status or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic under applicable federal or state law.