Night Kitchen Interactive seeks a talented Lead Designer to envision beautiful, intuitive and engaging interfaces worthy of a museum gallery.
Immersive VR video putting visitors on the deck of a 17th Century sailing ship. AR mobile apps bringing to life historic and literary characters. Touchscreens and websites exploring lesser-told stories and more inclusive histories. These are just a few of our projects in development now. View our work portfolio to explore recent projects.
Night Kitchen is at an exciting point in our 20+ year evolution. We want you to collaborate with us as we re-envision our brand, redesign our website and open our new makerspace! It’s a startup atmosphere with the benefit of an established brand, reputation and client base in the museum and cultural community across the nation.
In this position, you will work closely with our creative and technical teams developing online exhibits, interactive installations and websites for museums, arts and cultural organizations and more. You will collaborate closely with clients, producers and the production team to envision interfaces for a range of platforms, including web, mobile, AR/VR, and digital installations. This is a challenging and unique position with opportunities to grow.
Night Kitchen Interactive is an award-winning design studio with over 20 years’ experience creating compelling digital solutions for our clients. Our office is located in a charming three-story building, originally a Victorian candy shop, in Philadelphia's lively Fishtown neighborhood. We are just minutes from the Girard MFL subway stop, the trolley and the Girard exit off I-95. We’re a short walk from great restaurants, bars and cafes such as Frankfort Hall, Barcade and La Colombe, and an assortment of music venues, galleries, and antique shops. Lucha, our friendly office cat, may try to sit on your keyboard. Come join our team, work hard, and develop awesome immersive media projects!
• 3-5 years of experience in interactive design industry
• Undergraduate degree in design or art-related field
• Strong design, composition, and typography skills
• UX Design for mobile, tablet, and larger screens
• Clear understanding and practical skills in HTML5 and CSS
• Ability to work in a professional business environment and clearly communicate with associates and clients
• Ability to manage time and work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience working with cultural institutions, non-profits, and museums is a plus
• Work with the team to envision and produce visually-stunning, engaging interactive experiences
• Design layouts, interfaces, animations, and infographics
• Attend client meetings and contribute to the development of proposals
• Produce design documentation and wireframes that detail interactive interfaces and features
Competitive salary based on experience, health benefits, retirement plan, and professional development funding.
If you'd like to join the team, please send an email to email@example.com with subject: Lead Designer. No calls please. No recruiters. Seriously.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.