Aniden is looking for a talented full-time CG Motion Designer who wants to put their skills into crafting CG animations that range from internal vision pieces to external-facing marketing collateral. You will work with content strategists, 3D artists, and other designers to add professional, creative flourishes to our videos and round out projects with high quality post production skills.
A CG Motion Designer at Aniden is…
• A creative problem solver
You are able to collaborate with the design team to work through story concepts and approaches, delivery possibilities, and provide strong well-thought out visual solutions to tell a story in motion. You know collaboration is key and are able to quickly and easily adapt to the needs of a project.
• A strong motion designer
You are confident in providing a strong visual and motion direction for help tell a story. Your match cuts are smooth as butter your shot compositions are impeccable. You are willing to ask questions when needed with an eye toward how to tell a story in an innovative and unique way. You are comfortable jumping from 3D to live action to kinetic typography.
• A pragmatic experimenter
You are able to understand and parse through design languages/requirement and test the limits of what is possible on a case-by-case basis. You actively read and experiment with emerging 2D and 3D motion techniques. You dabble in new approaches and are not fearful of failure. You love working with newer motion toolsets to help get the job done.
On a normal day, you will be tasked with parsing information to craft concept boards and finding the best visual pacing for those stories to build. Your toolset will be primarily After Effects, Maya, InDesign, and Photoshop. You can quickly produce mock-ups and you’ve encountered all types of video compression requirements and know the limits to achieve the best quality given the creative content. Your design time will be focused and self-paced.
• Develop design solutions that fit within established production schedules
• Collaborate with design teams to arrive at the best visual solution possible
• Develop animation guidelines and templates for other animation team members to use
• Stay on top of the latest articles, books, forums or blogs related to storytelling and motion trends and technology.
• 4+ years of professional experience in animation and motion design
• Strong portfolio of motion work
• Strong visual problem solver
• Strong knowledge in After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, InDesign, and 3D packages (Maya preferred)
• Superior time management skills
• Be an excellent communicator
• Skills in 2D and 3D animation
Additional Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple projects, files and deadlines
• Passionate understanding of film and video editing, lighting, and shooting techniques
• Basic understanding of audio editing and sound design
• Interest and skills in VFX a huge plus
Reports to: VP of Creative Services in the Houston, Texas office.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "CG Motion Designer" in the subject line. Please no phone calls.
* This position is for our Houston office location; you must live in or be willing to move to the greater Houston area.