Are you passionate about toys? Can you imagine a girl’s universe where you combine captivating adventures and trendy styles with playfulness and imagination? Do you want to develop inspiring and fun play experiences for children all over the world? Well, here is your chance!
Shape the future of LEGO® creative play for girls
We are seeking a Concept Designer with a creative, yet structured mind. You will join a team of passionate designers with a strong desire to create the best play experiences for girls worldwide. We are dedicated to understanding the play needs of girls aged 5-11 and base our most inspiring ideas on inclusive and well-researched insights.
As part of the Girls Design Team, you will push boundaries to do things differently, enabling us to stay on the cutting edge of innovation. You will collaborate across teams to develop ground breaking concepts which will become the LEGO® experiences of the future. You will play a central role in influencing how children around the world learn, grow and develop their creative mind through the power of the LEGO® system in play.
You collect, analyse insights and translate them into strong concepts
As a Concept Designer, your key responsibility will be to gather, analyse and translate insights into fun and inspiring play experiences that foster creative play for girls.
Your role will be to:
• Drive concepts and experiences based on a strong insight and understanding
• Interpret briefs and deliver high quality concepts and designs based on the frames set by the design lead
• Ensure strong art direction through graphic and illustration concepts
• Drive design research applying the most appropriate processes, methods, and activities with a special focus on user interaction and trends
• Concept visualization, sketching, interaction design and prototype development
• Execute actual products on a concept level including prototypes, 3D modelling, model building etc.
• Understand and uphold both LEGO DNA and project vision in your daily work
• Communicate concept ideas to key stake holders (e.g. design team, marketing, leadership) in a comprehensive and simple way
• You can think outside of the box while also ensuring that concepts are practically and economically feasible to pursue.
Creative thinker with strong knowledge on Girls’ passion points
To be a successful Concept Designer for the Girls Design Team, you have a strong knowledge on girls’ needs and play patterns. You are a team player who can drive a project forward and create tangible results both in collaboration with colleagues and external partners.
You are a creative problem-solver who can analyse a problem and come up with solutions that will challenge traditional thinking. You have a positive, open-minded attitude and always strive to do things better. You thrive in an innovative and international environment and are proficient in spoken English.
In addition, you:
• Hold a Master’s or a Bachelor’s degree in Product Design, Toy Design, Fashion Design or other creative education
• Have at least 5 years’ experience (on top of your education) within concept design, prototyping and product development. Here you have acquired solid knowledge of research and concept development
• Are passionate about design and toys, have a high personal drive, and enjoy taking initiative
• Have an innovative mind, which - combined with the playful approach of your inner child - enables you to create ideas and concepts for the world’s most critical audience
• Have storytelling potential - imagining play possibilities for the toys you design
• You are on top of relevant trends and can set clear art direction
• Have an aesthetic talent, ability to manage colors and set color schemes
• Have a firm understanding of the design process and how to collaborate and drive cross-functional teams
• Think in terms of play and understand what is important for kids in order to create relevant concepts and experiences
• Ideally know the LEGO® brick and can create new toy concepts by using the existing element platform in new and innovative ways, but this is not a must
• Have strong communication skills to pitch concept ideas - both verbally and visually
• Skilled in using relevant design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Rhino, etc.
Join the global LEGO® family
By joining us, you will inspire and develop the creatives of tomorrow. You will be part of a truly international design team that thrives on developing the world’s best building and play experiences, creating exciting new LEGO® play worlds, characters, bricks and models for millions of children across the globe.
If this has caught your interest, please use the Link above or below to submit your application.
Please submit your portfolio (file or link), a motivation letter, and a current CV for consideration. Applications without a portfolio will not be taken into consideration.
If you need more information in order to apply, please send a mail to email@example.com