We are looking for a self-motivated soft goods designer with 1-3 years of soft good and outdoor industry experience. The ideal candidate will be passionate, have a keen eye for design, and attention to detail. Our team operates in a fast-paced work environment with the opportunity to work on a variety of projects. The ideal candidate must demonstrate ability to work at a high level of professional design thinking focused on end user experience and the ability to bring ideas together to tell a great product story.
Insight 2 Design, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets outdoor products to several major brands and retailers. You’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary team of designers developing outdoor products like – tents, sleeping bags, backpacks, camping furniture, headlamps, lanterns, flashlights, and more. You will work side-by-side with other designers and product managers to create compelling products that will disrupt the industry.
• 1 – 3 years of experience
• Focus in soft-good design with a solid sense of aesthetic and problem solving
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain the strategy behind the design
• Explore a wide variety of compelling designs through sketching and rendering.
• Experience designing in Adobe Illustrator
• Knowledge of global trends and color theory
• Strong communication and visualization skills
• Highly self-motivated individual
• Desire to learn about the industry, customers, competitors, and products
• Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to bring new ideas
• Degree in Industrial Design or equivalent
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Experience in hard good design
• Experience with designing durable goods in the outdoor industry
• Digital proficiency in Keyshot or similar rendering program
• Love of outdoors and an active lifestyle
• 2019 graduates are encouraged to apply as well
At Insight 2 Design, we like to work hard and have fun doing it. We offer a relaxed team environment with a group of people that love what we do. We offer attractive benefits including:
• Competitive salary
• Performance based bonus
• Company contribution to 401K
• Medical, dental, vision insurance
• Paid time off
• Paid holidays
• Opportunity to try and test new gear
Qualified candidates please send your resume and portfolio samples (a PDF file under 10mb) Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.