The Walker Art Center’s design and editorial department seeks a Graphic Designer to join our award-winning design studio. This individual will work with a team of extremely talented individuals to design materials for projects that range from developing graphic identities for specific programs and exhibitions, including the design of all related collateral materials, to working on long-term projects such as exhibition catalogues and promotional campaigns.
• Design printed materials for Walker programming, events and communications such as invitations, banners, exhibition graphics, gallery guides, flyers, monthly calendars, etc.
• Design exhibition identities and print catalogues, as well as design systems for digital publications.
• Work with peers across departments to develop and produce materials that communicate effectively to our diverse audiences.
• Concept, socialize, quote, design, and oversee production of large scale Marketing campaigns that span a wide range of media (outdoor media, web graphics, social media, print ads, etc.)
• Work cooperatively and collaboratively with Editors and the Design Studio Manager to ensure the timely production of materials.
• Participate in on-going discussions of design within professional community and studio including regular contributions to the Walker’s design blog.
• Salary $45-50k/year; Exempt; Excellent benefits package, museum discounts, Walker membership, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals as well as support some remarkable artists, events and programming.
• Full-time, 35 hours/week
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• 2+ years professional experience required; Degree in graphic design is a plus.
• Experience with book, web-based and motion design highly desired.
• Knowledge of current issues and trends in contemporary culture, particularly in design and the arts.
• Excellent visual design and typographic skills with advanced problem-solving capabilities.
• Proficiency in computer-based design on a Macintosh platform with related software programs, in particular: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
• Experience managing print process is desirable.
• Able to balance multiple projects simultaneously and meet scheduled deadlines.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.
To Apply: provide a letter of interest, resume, names and contact information of 3 references, and portfolio PDF containing 8-10 examples of graphic design work (no larger than 19 MB) directly to the posting at walkerart.org/jobs. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until this position has been filled.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.