Self-motivated, savvy former senior level sweater/knitwear designer with a PASSION for - and degree in - interior design! Currently freelancing in the interior design field, utilizing my education and design/technical abilities as well as the extensive expertise I have gained from my many years in the fashion industry. Throughout my classes at the New York School of Interior Design, I researched and incorporated green/sustainable ideas and materials into my projects. I have recently become a certified GREEN AP with the Sustainable Furnishings Council and about to start studying for Well AP certification with the International Well Building Institute (USGBC). And I am working on my new holistic living/ green interior design blog- Anam+Abode! Stay tuned!
Special skills include:
- Hand-rendering & drawing
- Time management and the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Critical thinking & problem-solving
- Communication, correspondence & follow-up
- Organization & attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with a team
- Product research & sourcing
- Color analysis & correction
- Ability to remain calm and productive in a fast-paced environment
Computer Proficiency: AutoCAD; Google SketchUp; Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator; Studio Designer; Microsoft Office Suite
Additional Studies: I attended the BTB Feng Shui Masters Training program- the Black Sect Tantric Buddhist tradition originally brought to the USA by the late Professor Lin Yun. I have also studied Sacred Geometry and geomancy as well as alternative medicine and holistic healing.