Associate Director, Design and Creative Innovation
Mar 2018 - Present (3 years 6 months)
As the Director of Design and Creative Innovation in the SNHU Innovation Center, I use storytelling and strategic narrative to manage, interpret, conceptualize, and creatively communicate innovation ideas, projects, and initiatives, as well as design solutions with high visual impact, all while maintaining SNHU brand standards.
I manage and mentor a team of artists, designers, and production staff - as well as manage a growing list of vendors, contractors, and freelancers for the creative department in the SNHU Innovation Center.
As the Associate Director of Design and Creative Innovation I collaborate with teammates, project managers, various departments, managers, and senior leaders, on a multitude of projects on tight deadlines. Projects include websites, digital/print presentations, exhibitions, strategic documents, social media, and more.
Mar 2012 - Mar 2018 (6 years)
Successfully manage and coordinate all creative projects from concept through print production on tight deadlines and budgets. Daily activities include conceptualizing, designing, quoting, quality controlling and consulting with Marketing Director, vendors, faculty, staff and students regarding the production and timeline expectations of all printed and digital materials for the college.
Key achievements include:
• The design, coordination and implementation of outdoor signage
• Being promoted from Graphic Designer to a newly created position of Creative Specialist
• Interim Web Master (April 10, 2016 - October 2016) which included maintaining the college website using Joomla
• Redesign of the college website
• Updating the college style guide for a new, modernized look while still maintaining the MCC brand and identity
• Winning several awards for print projects including a gold award for a series of Open House ads
• Working directly with Leadership Team and college President on high-level projects and events
• Successfully coordinating and organizing an Annual Charity Dodgeball Tournament that raised over $3k in the first year
• Was an integral part of organizing the first MCC Charity Trivia Challenge, which raised over $20,000 the first year
• Researching and establishing new and trusting relationships with vendors, saving the college thousands of dollars
Apr 2008 - Mar 2012 (3 years 11 months)
Responsibilities include the concept, research, design and layout of stationery products and dated goods including wall calendars, planners, stationery items, packaging and product development for craft items, and catalogs. Day to day work involved multiple projects with strict deadlines, balancing priorities, product research, following strict license style guides and approval processes and working closely with the art director.
• In charge of higher-level licensing brands including; Hasbro, Disney and Nickelodeon
• Attended the SURTEX Stationery show with the Art Director and company President in New York every year for product research and development and to meet with prospective artists and photographers
• Responsible for multiple calendar concepts and image research
Interim Art Director
Aug 2011 - Feb 2012 (6 months)
Effectively managed the art department and oversaw junior graphic designers to get research, design, approvals, print production, and quality control of dated goods, stationery and craft items successfully produced overseas on tight deadlines. Day to day included multiple projects, managing priorities, following strict style guides and approval processes and leading the other designers to successfully produce their projects. It was my responsibility to for final pre-press and quality control of printed materials and getting products organized for print production.
Feb 2008 - Oct 2008 (8 months)
Self-reliant, part-time position doing layout and design of advertisements for weekly newspaper.
Brickmill Marketing Services
Jul 2007 - Apr 2008 (9 months)
During my time at Brickmill my work included concept, design and print production as well as client research and communication, including but not limited to conference calls, client meetings, and research of previous projects and values. Working closely with account executives to discuss and produce projects within deadline and budget constraints.
Jan 2007 - Jul 2007 (6 months)
College internship turned full-time position, I was responsible for creating, conceptualizing and developing multiple print and multimedia projects for various agency clients.