Jun 2013 - May 2020 (6 years 11 months)
• Managed the Amazon devices portfolio of brands including logo creation. Designed and implemented design and brand architecture guidelines to ensure teams had on- brand assets. Partnered with senior leadership and program managers to align on new branding, improving the overall brand perception for new and emerging products such as Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Echo devices, improving brand consistency and awareness across all retail channels.
• Delivered off-line retail customer experience standards supporting the launches of new and generational updates of Amazon devices, working with product teams and 3rd party vendors to ensure brand cohesion in all assets created, leading to increased brand recognition and improved sales.
• Comfortable in leading cross-team concept development, reinvigorating customer experiences, and building teams. Worked with marketing and merchandise teams to gain alignment on new and seasonal concepts.
• Managed the design direction and conception for the Amazon Pop-ups, leading the structural design, product communications, and demos experience strategies.
Associate Creative Director
Apr 2011 - Nov 2012 (1 year 7 months)
• Led the creative development and execution of the Best Buy’s Connected 2.0 store format, focusing on communication graphics standards and customer experience. Worked with project managers and category creative leads to align on messaging and design standards. Partnered with store design team to ensure all collateral created matched new fixturing signage needs.
• Successfully redesigned and implemented the evolution of all in-store creative leveraging the new brand and store design direction. Worked closely with Chief Creative Officer to ensure messaging reflected brand voice initiatives.
• Managed the delivery of creative assets for the in-store computing communication collateral. Partnering with concept and product leads to align on 3rd party brand requirements, product placement, and vendor commitments.
Director of Creative Services
Aug 2008 - May 2009 (9 months)
• Managed the execution of visual communications and graphic concepts for all Nike and Nike Factory stores as well as new Nike concept stores. Worked within the Nike Matrix of creative and product category teams to ensure a cohesive on-brand executions.
• Developed and deployed a creative process for creative services for best practices
in execution and approvals of retail marketing and visual merchandising assets within the US retail team.
• Built partnerships with category leaders to establish best results on initiatives for Nike and Nike Factory Stores, community relations and gift cards.
Sr Art Director
Jan 2000 - Jul 2008 (8 years 6 months)
• Directed concepting and creation of seasonal campaigns as well as collateral materials for gift card programs and special events. Leading the presentation and alignment of campaigns with senior management and product category teams. Effectively managed the approval and execution of all in-store seasonal photography and design.
• Managed the in-store photography budgets and scheduling, ensuring the delivery of all merchandising and 3rd party vendor commitments.
• Delivered brand guidelines for Mervyn’s, Community Relations, HR, GiftCard, Credit and Special Events. Aligning with other Target Corp. brand standards and initiatives.
• Managed the creative development of concepts like Mervyn’s Moving Mission, Community Closet, while focusing on the Hispanic initiative concepts such as La Plaza and Oscar De La Hoya merchandise launch focused at increasing and retaining the Mervyn’s Hispanic customer base.
Photo Art Director
San Francisco, CA
Aug 1998 - Jun 1999 (10 months)
• Scheduled, planned and executed photography creative direction for men’s, kids and lingerie, in addition to special sale events for Macy’s West’s regional newspaper advertising.
Creative Direction Manager
Aug 1996 - Apr 1998 (1 year 8 months)
• Redesigned the retail direct mailers and print media focusing on typography, design and photo direction to ensure cohesive brand impact across channels.
• Designed and implemented brand guidelines for launch of initial e-commerce site.
• Managed the creative direction and execution of licensing ventures such as: Ford Explorer, Eddie Bauer Eyewear, Eddie Bauer Travel, Eddie Bauer Rewards, and Eddie Bauer Lifestyles by Lane.
Art Director, Visual Merchandising
San Francisco, CA
1991 - 1995 (4 years)
• Accountable for visual merchandising creative concepts including the development of visual directives designed to help maintain display and merchandising standards.
• Developed window presentations and seasonal creative direction.
• Responsible for the designing marketing and brand collateral including: POP signage, product tags and seasonal merchandising lookbooks.
Sr. Graphic Designer, Visual Merchandising
San Francisco, CA
Sep 1989 - Jun 1991 (1 year 9 months)
• Created seasonal display concepts and standards for GapKids and BabyGap.
• Developed the creative executions for the launch of BabyGap stores.