Graphic Designer + Product Developer + Maker
Mar 2010 - Present (11 years 4 months)
Creating effective, dynamic visual solutions for local and global clients.
• Visual communication from concept to completion.
• On–budget, deadline focused implementation of client visions.
• Design of trend–driven products and successful visual systems.
• Tailoring robust, well–rounded brand solutions.
• Balancing real–world limitations while maintaining innovation.
• Additional services: production, social media, trend research, and sourcing.
• Experience in hiring, billing, invoicing, and budgets.
American Greetings Interactive + American Greetings Properties + American Greetings Cardstore + American Greetings Product Concepts + Faber–Castell/Creativity for Kids + Faber–Castell/Design Memory Craft + Pulsar Products + Lake Erie Creamery + Burning River Roller Derby + CLE threads + Design Works International + Kinetic Gardens + Li & Fung + Georgetown University Press + Holy Family Learning Center + Snapily.co + YanokPT + Hasbro
Design Works International
Apr 2010 - Jan 2012 (1 year 9 months)
print + pattern & surface design work
Senior Designer + Line Designer
American Greetings—Photoworks.com, division of AGInteractive
Jan 2008 - Mar 2010 (2 years 2 months)
• Directed and designed web assets for on–line consumer product.
• Trend development for a fast paced studio.
• Created clean solutions for the complex needs of interactive tools.
• Applied user experience methodology in designing interactive product.
• Coordinated variable resources.
American Greetings—AGProperties, division of AGInteractive
Sep 2000 - Jan 2008 (7 years 4 months)
• Relaunched team for AG’s intellectual property and outbound licensing.
• Conceptualized, designed, and art directed licensing collections.
• Forecasting, patterning collections, to meet specific needs of licensors.
• Delivered designs for multi–platform campaigns: kid, tween, and baby.
• Developed style guides for the relaunch of three successful properties.
• Support entertainment and consumer products initiative.
• Art directed licensee submissions for high–volume hardline and apparel categories.
• Coordinated internal staff, freelancers, and vendors for complex projects.
The Pilgrim Press
Sep 1992 - Sep 2000 (8 years)
Not for profit publishing house serving the trade and academic audiences. Established in 1640, oldest publishing house in the United States.
• Art directed and designed seasonal book lists of 30+ titles.
• Established brands tailored for social justice, academic, and spiritual titles.
• In collaboration with marketing, developed or designed all sales collateral.
• Streamlined processes between authors, editors, marketing and production.
• Art directed photo shoots.
• Established systems to standardized art purchasing and rights usage.
• Introduced innovative formats, binding systems, trim sizes, and finishings.