Product Development Manager
San Diego, CA
Oct 2019 - Present (1 year 4 months)
As the Product Development Manager, I create, design, and develop new items across multiple categories including Dwellings, Clean Up, Furniture, Grooming, Supplements, and Travel. I drive strategy for Brand and Categories, analyzing data to offer solutions to SKU rationalize and differentiate offerings. I present white space, parallel industry and competitive analyses, consumer surveys, and in-store shop-along to predict market pulse.
My key contributions in this role include:
* Achieved year-over-year growth, developing customer-driven designs across seven categories, creating the most innovative product assortment to date.
* Led five cross-functional teams through the New Product Development lifecycle to launch an assortment of data backed, high volume products across seven categories.
* Drive trend and product strategies for multiple Brands and Categories predict market pulse, analyzing data to uncover whitespace, differentiate offerings, and bring innovation to market.
* Championed cross-functional team processes to facilitate a collaborative working environment by setting clear objectives and recognizing performance.
Industrial Design Manager
Aug 2014 - Sep 2019 (5 years 1 month)
As the Industrial Design Manager, I refined trend direction for product lines and segments, turning them into incremental products, features, and innovations. I was a founding contributor in constructing, establishing and executing Innovation Stage Gate process. I worked to develop visual portfolio and competitive gap analyses, mood boards, concept iterations, renderings, and presentations to communicate design vision. Additionally, I mentored a diverse team of designers, improving skill in design aesthetic, communication, company processes, and personal development.
Some of my accomplishments include:
* Grew Hunter Fan Company by implementing groundbreaking aesthetic design strategy, transforming Core product line.
* Designed on-trend products through utilizing skills in sketching, 3D models, and prototyping effectively communicating design intent and satisfying client needs and wants.
* Built and managed a diverse team of four designers of various levels, improving skill in design aesthetic, communication, company processes, and personal development.
* Defined trend direction for multiple product lines and segments, turning them into incremental products, features, and innovations.
* Developed portfolio and competitive gaps analyses, mood boards, concept iterations, renderings, and presentations to communication design vision.
* Collaborated closely with teams, supervising end-to-end project management of the development lifecycle process from concept through production to end of life.
Industrial and User Interface (UI) Designer
Jan 2012 - Jul 2014 (2 years 6 months)
In this role, I designed user centered hardware kiosks for grocery, vending, and corporate environments. I created integrated hardware and software systems resulting in patentable technology and focused design around human factors, usability, installation, and maintenance.
Some of my contributions include:
• Created integrated hardware and software technology systems resulting in 3 utility patents.
• Ensured full compliance with American Disabilities Act standards.
* Collaborated with Engineering & QA teams to build and release new versions of hardware and software, continuously improving designs.
* Performed onsite consumer field tests and surveys, and documented feedback and applied learnings to future improvements and upgrades.