Mar 2015 - Present (6 years 7 months)
● Serve as middleman between typically external designers and internal fabrication.
● Translate design intent into something that can be produced practically.
● Create renders for client review and approval
● Create production drawings and router files for fabrication to produce.
● Source and purchase hardware
Elk Grove Village, IL
Aug 2011 - Mar 2016 (4 years 7 months)
● Design (from sketch to Solidworks 3D model), physically prototype, and work with vendors in China on
the manufacture of furniture and lighting products to be sold at such retailers as Walmart and TJ Maxx
● Prototype furniture in wood, metal, acrylic, and light upholstery
● Source external prototyping from local vendors.
● Submit requests for production and shipping quotes from vendors in China.
● Prepare draft purchase orders for supervisor approval.
● Plan packing of final products to maximize shipping container yield.
● Track and maintain warehouse sample inventory system of over 200 new items annually both physically
and in Microsoft Excel.
● Maintain archival sample database in Filemaker Pro.
● Supervise team of four interns. Conduct initial interviews of interns.
● Work with licensing partners such as Coca-Cola and MillerCoors designing products that meet their
● Established and maintain in-house prototyping workshop.
● Answer customer questions regarding products.
● Create assembly instruction for new products.
● Plan layout for and set up tradeshows.
1996 - 2011 (15 years)
Use all kinds of tools to make and fix all kinds of things.
Transportation Security Officer
2006 - 2007 (1 year)
Interact with the flying public on a daily basis. Use various pieces of equipment to ensure the safety of air travel.