Womens Footwear Designer
Manchester, United Kingdom
Sep 2014 - Sep 2015 (1 year)
My primary responsibility is the design and development of new footwear ranges for an in-house women’s fashion and lifestyle brand. Within this my responsibilities are:
• Trend and market research.
• Creation of critical path time line.
• Range planning and identification of key styles.
• Material and outsole sourcing.
• Management of far eastern suppliers.
• Creation of high quality CADs and specifications.
• Sample and fit amendments
• QC of final delivery.
Secondary responsibilities have included completion of an existing menswear range and all branded SMU development (Adidas, Timberland and Vans).
Footwear Designer and Developer
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Apr 2012 - Aug 2014 (2 years 4 months)
Design of full main-range and SMU for various international, licensed and own brands.
• SMU/SKU design and development to meet retail and cost requirements.
• Working simultaneously across men’s sportswear and lifestyle footwear, women’s and junior’s casual wear.
• Working with Far East to source new materials and develop new designs.
• Designing and opening moulds for outsoles and shoe accessories.
Bill Bird Bespoke Shoe and Last Maker
Jan 2010 - 2010 (9 months)
• Gait assessment, Pattern cutting and design to accommodate disability.