May 2009 - Present (12 years 8 months)
• Managing Drive and Design development of children's hardlines category, with product that speaks to the Newco consumer and is differentiated from the competition.
• Supplying creative direction for key product category growth through an understanding of how to define, develop, and sell the Newco brand through creative development of baby, child and tween product.
• Maintaining a broad industry and category perspective, as well as knowledge of trends, competitions to develop new business opportunities and extend existing business through creative development.
• Creating the look and feel of seasonal concept, driving design and managing freelancers to create unique art, prints and pattern that works best to concept and to final production ready product.
• A strong understanding of the complexity of designing baby and children's product with a character focus and an aptitude for translating character art into product.
• Partnering with Merchants, Creative Services art team and Tech departments to create and drive the look by character franchise including color palettes, silhouettes and design key elements for multiple categories.
• Strong ability to work with a team as well as independently in a extremely fast paced dynamic environment.
Graphic Designer / Product Developer
The Walt Disney Company
Jul 2008 - Mar 2009 (8 months)
• Created the art direction of various consumer products, packaging and apparel designs for the
Food, Health, Beauty and Pet Divisions using multiple franchises across various lines of business
• Designed and refreshed creative brands for upcoming lines of business in mass and specialty markets
Graphic Designer / Product Approvals Specialist
Aug 2004 - Jul 2008 (3 years 11 months)
• Oversaw the design, licensing and production of all campaigns for the Visual Design Department
• Assisted in the art direction, operations and licensing of the Loungefly fashion line and all promotional packaging (i.e. catalogs, posters, mailers, etc.). Our clients include :
Disney Consumer Products, Warner Brothers, Cartoon Network, Tootsie Roll Industries and Cadbury Schweppes
Interactive Marketing Associate
New Line Cinema
Oct 2001 - May 2002 (7 months)
• Monitored new media and technology stories for all Newline Cinema film projects
• Researched online on upcoming movies, executives, creative teams, photo, music and legal teams involved in each film
Apr 1996 - Jun 1996 (2 months)
• Supplied a refreshing, original idea with appeal to customers of all ages and created a television commercial aired on networks such as Univision, Telemundo and Gems
• Increased Starburst candy sales throughout Latin America and helped to enhance M&M/Marsʼ reputation in the Latino community
• Contributed significantly to the success of the M&M/Mars Corporationʼs Starburst Creative Development Project, an unprecedented alliance of high school students with professionals in a leading ad agency