Los Angeles, CA
Mar 2021 - Present (7 months)
- works with Wavemaker Labs' LA HQ to develop exterior designs and sub-system processes for advanced technologies in the field of robotics, automation, and mobility
- work cross-functionally with Product Managers and Engineers, prioritizing features and improvements, joining design discussions, and providing feedback
- collaborates with Industrial Design consultants in the US to produce designs and solve complex design problems
- produces concept design through digital sketches, 3D modeling, and 3D rendering to visualize product aesthetics
- conducts product research for informed design decisions
- communicates with various stakeholders to articulate design decisions and innovations, both digitally and manually
- generates user scenarios and story development through storyboards to show product usage and evaluate potential problem areas for main users
Aug 2016 - Present (5 years 2 months)
• Integrates and uses design to help bring to market all kinds of products from individuals, start-up companies, to big manufacturers in both local and international markets.
Clients Served: Honda, Yike Bike, Raytrix, Box Medical Solutions, Research Institute of Sweden
• Projects include vehicle, marine vessel, product, medical, and appliance design.
Senior Product Designer
May 2019 - Mar 2021 (1 year 10 months)
• leads a team of designers in designing computer peripherals such as gaming keyboards, mouse, headphones, PC casings, and soundbars (speakers)
• successfully implemented a more streamlined design process that increased the design output of the junior designers and the teams as a whole (1800% increase).
• sharpened the junior designers' skills in important fundamentals such as product design sketching, rendering, and quick ideation to make them competitive in an international environment
• spearheaded the acquisition of reference materials that will contribute to the skill development of the industrial designers, with the aim of making them globally competitive.
• Enacted the acquisition of 3D scanners and printers for boosting the capability and speed of the design team
• Communicates with overseas suppliers and engineers from China, Taiwan, and Korea during the mock-up and manufacturing stages.
Senior Industrial/Product Designer
Aug 2011 - Jan 2016 (4 years 5 months)
• Designed the 2016 Panasonic washing machine (NA-F60MB - 6 kg), the first low capacity ODM fully-automatic washing machine in the Philippines for Panasonic.
• Designed, presented, and released a full line-up (Standard, Deluxe, and Timer version - 0.5 HP to 2.5 HP) of the 2015 Window Air Conditioners for the Philippine market
• Designed, presented, and released a full line-up (Standard and Deluxe version - 0.5 HP to 2.5 HP) of 2015 Window Air Conditioners for the Hong Kong market in collaboration with Panasonic Design Center Malaysia (PAPAP)
• Designed and improved the evaporator door for all Panasonic 1-door refrigerators by eliminating ultrasonic welding
• Prepared, conducted, and generated research data by surveying the Philippine market (2013 and 2015), going all over the Philippines for house to house visits and personal interviews.
• Presents design ideas both locally and abroad to convince Panasonic's Japanese top management to invest in design changes for Air conditioner models.
• Spearheads design meetings with suppliers, engineers, and mock-up makers whenever there are product samples, on-site evaluations, or new material recommendations.
Product Development and Design Center of the Philippines
Mar 2011 - Jul 2011 (4 months)
• Generated and designed exhibition areas for major Philippine government agencies such as the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) and the Department of Tourism (DOT).
• Guided local manufacturers and small/medium entrepreneurs (SME) to use Industrial Design as a tool to maximize the use of natural materials and increase marketability and profit.
Technical Professional - Designer
Emerson Electric Asia
Sep 2006 - Mar 2010 (3 years 6 months)
• Successfully completed and produced 3 books (500+ pages each) worth of technical drawings, instruction manuals, and field manuals for all Fisher Regulator products.
• Illustrated hundreds of technical drawings for Fisher Regulators to be used by field engineers and customers.
• Collaborated with Fisher Regulators in McKinney Texas for all the graphic design needs of the company, whether it be in the USA or in other countries.