BRAND & DESIGN LEAD
Jun 2015 - Present (7 years 10 months)
• Led the redesign of Progress Rail’s branding, creating new brand guidelines for Progress Rail and product brands including EMD, ECM, Nitryx and Kershaw. Developed the overall corporate brand identity including packaging, advertising, sales collateral, and trade show graphics.
• Nurture strong relationships with cross-functional teams and product managers, providing creative direction including asset development (editorial, video, photos, etc.) that advance the brand strategy and build equity.
• Conduct surveys to solicit insights from internal stakeholders and customers to create a feedback pulse that enables informed decision making.
• Design brochures, locomotive paint schemes, infographics, digital and print ads, email, social media graphics, tradeshow, and exhibit signage from concept to completion.
CREATIVE PROJECT MANAGER
Mar 2013 - Dec 2014 (1 year 9 months)
• Direct agency workflow, scheduling web, print and video projects, assigning creative staff, distributing project data, managing internal and external costs, and monitoring project execution based on quality, timeliness, and profitability.
Feb 2012 - Dec 2012 (10 months)
• Design and production of marketing collateral including branding, brochures, print ads, catalogs, web banner ads and trade show signage from concept through completion in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
Mar 2008 - Sep 2009 (1 year 6 months)
• Designed book covers for various categories including: business reference, romance, historical fiction, parenting, child development, cookbooks, calendars, children’s, gift and self-help.
• Researched suppliers and developed partnerships, renegotiating contracts for better terms and reducing image budgets by more than 10%.
Jul 2006 - Feb 2008 (1 year 7 months)
• Established creative brief process that facilitated scheduling, routing and ensured project objectives were met.
• Designed marketing materials, exhibit identities and signage, and the annual report.
Feb 1998 - Aug 2005 (7 years 6 months)
• Led and mentored a team of six print and digital designers, providing art direction, scheduling and developing career plans and performance reviews.
• Hands-on design of more than 150 marketing and licensing projects annually, including branding, ads, catalogs, brochures, direct mail, websites and trade show graphics.
• Collaborated with a corporate-wide team to develop Tribune’s development of online content for websites that became cars.com and careerbuilder.com.