Visual Content Director
Oct 2017 - Present (4 years 2 months)
We enable the discovery of shared experiences, from the monumental to the everyday.
Our first product, RootsRated.com, created a platform that connects people with original content about the best outdoor experiences, curated by outdoor retailers and their networks of local experts, and organized by geography and sport.
Today, major outdoor industry brands and retailers, as well as early adopters in healthcare and travel, are sponsoring, licensing, and syndicating our content to drive sales and brand awareness to targeted audiences through our software, RootsRated Compass.
Senior Photo Editor
Jan 2017 - Present (4 years 9 months)
Defining a RootsRated Media visual standard that supports and strengthens the exponential growth of our brand as well as the content marketing successes of our clients.
• Leading the team of photo editors in outreach, sourcing images, and managing image rights and usage across all partner channels
• Establishing processes company-wide to scale the visual department to meet the growing needs
• Assigning and building our visual database and network; managing and assigning freelance photographers and videographers nationwide
• Collaborating with regional editors to uphold visual art direction and to ensure brand consistency across the board
• Producing videos for DMO and health care campaigns for multiple clients; coordinating with creative content creators and video editors to deliver outstanding results
• Managing a large and growing digital media library; managing all rights and permissions of usage through consistent digital asset management
• Maximizing clients' spend with A/B testing and evolving strategies to pivot creative needs
• Balancing multiple projects, internal and external, simultaneously as a thoughtful, detail-oriented project manager
• Managing social media editorial calendar, curating and scheduling posts and stories for RootsRated Instagram channel of 16k followers and increasing engagement month-to-month
2013 - Present (8 years)
Photographer specializing in architectural, interiors & product creative.
• Delivering images with stunning presence and clarity, all while building photographs that preserve the beauty of architectural design
• Offering detail oriented styling, creative compositions, traditional and contemporary lighting to create profound images that convey luxury
Partial Client List Includes:
160over90, Ballard Design Group, Capital One, Contract Furniture Alliance, Houlihan's, John Romeo & Associates, Moncler, Transformations Furniture, The University of Tennessee and Upland Design Group.
2016 - 2017 (1 year)
Created a photographic standard that built the photo department from the ground up, as RootsRated’s first photo editor.
• Led Associate Photo Editor in outreach, sourcing images, managing image rights and usage
• Scaled photo department to meet ongoing photography needs
• Enhanced experiences through the impact of dynamic adventure, travel photography
• Researched and built our photography database per destination city; managed and assigned photographers nationwide
• Handled custom image requests and sourced travel, adventure photography; publishing photographs on CMS platforms via HTML and Markdown
• Maintained a large and growing digital media library; managing all rights and permissions for usage
• Collaborated with regional editors to uphold photo art direction and to ensure brand consistency across the board
• Grew a national photographer network through grassroots and contest-based outreach
• Created the visual department to include video, defined processes and built a foundation for new media opportunities
• Managed editorial calendar, curating and scheduling images for RootsRated Instagram channel of 11k+ followers and increased engagement month-to-month
2014 - 2015 (1 year)
Produced superior product photography to support all marketing collateral, including print and web advertisements.
• Delivered elevated photography for bi-annual wholesale catalogs; look books and other print material
• Partnered with sales, e-commerce, product development and marketing design team to transform strategic thought into creative concepts with high visual appeal
• Created stunning ecommerce photography for clients including AllModern, Arhaus, Dwell Studio, Hayneedle, HauteLook, Joss & Main, MYHABIT, Target, Wayfair & World Market
• Improved shot production and image tracking by developing a shot tracking production system for daily production tracking and quality control
• Managed stylists and assistants during multiple projects simultaneously, setting priorities and meeting deadlines
• Produced bi-annual photography budgets, ordered and managed studio equipment
• Performed expert level photo editing and retouching
Photo Studio Manager
2009 - 2013 (4 years)
Responsible for external and internal creative direction, all while developing and managing a team of photographers/videographers throughout all artistic avenues of production.
• Led creative direction of photo shoots, managing photography team while on location and in studio environment.
• Ensured photo art direction was executed through post-processing and retouching.
• Developed an advanced-level proficiency of Adobe Creative Suite, especially within Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom.
• Recruited senior and associate photographers.
• Successfully operated photography studio as dependable and punctual studio manager.
• Created video department: Waldorf Cinema.
• Branded Waldorf Cinema combining visual journalism and commercial video production, including Steadicam and Cinevate rail system.
• Researched new markets and implemented marketing plans driving new business, which increased revenue.
• Maintained all social media accounts posting new works, responding to followers promptly, blogging relevant news and communicating accurate depictions of brand.
• Operated large-format print production fulfilling print orders, designing albums and stretching canvases.
2008 - 2009 (1 year)
Managed freelance photographers assigning feature photography and event coverage.
• Assisted in art direction of covers.
• Contributed aerial photography, environmental portraits, product photography, event coverage and architectural & interior photography.
• Participated in weekly production meetings to conceptualize feature stories and photography.
• Designed print ads, page layout.
Huntington Beach, CA
2005 - 2008 (3 years)
Responsible for all video production and surf forecasts in Ventura County, California for Surfline.com.
• Recruited and trained team of four videographers.
• Managed video production and digital asset management, which included capturing, encoding and uploading daily.
• Responsible for accuracy of surf reports.
Aina Photo Agency
Jun 2007 - Sep 2007 (3 months)
Summer internship with Kabul, Afghanistan's first photo agency.
• Edited images and stories
• Proofread captions, AP Style