Digital Surface Modeler
May 2018 - Mar 2020 (1 year 10 months)
Created 3D CAD data for Volvo and Mack truck brands. Producing data for concept generation and design refinement on exterior models, interior models, and other components that would be used for clay milling / 3D printing / rendering / VR simulations. Working closely with other digital modelers, clay modelers, and automotive designers. Often participating with group meetings between design and engineering.
Automotive Digital Sculptor
Sep 2016 - Apr 2018 (1 year 7 months)
Created 3D CAD data for multiple design studios and nameplates in the Ford / Lincoln brands. Producing data for concept generation and design refinement on exterior models, interior models, wheels, and other components that would be used for clay milling / 3D printing / rendering / VR simulations. Working closely with other digital modelers, clay modelers, and automotive designers to create finished work to pass on to engineering for feasibility.
Industrial Designer / Applications Engineer
Jun 2014 - Jan 2016 (1 year 7 months)
Designed concept development and supported completions of aircraft for all mission scenarios including VIP, Head of State, Search and Rescue, Emergency Medical, and Passenger Transport for the Sikorsky S92, S76, and S61 aircraft. Maintaining involvement in the process, from initiation of proposal to final delivery.
• Created custom CAD modifications to aircraft interiors to help meet mission solutions for each aircraft, created photo-realistic render images
• Liaison work done by interfacing with engineers, as well as quality assurance and paint departments.
• Designed, managed, and approved exterior paint layouts
• Sourced, cataloged, and updated the material library, and maintained vendor/supplier relationships
• Cost, time savings by creating templated start files, and running an on-site wide format plotter/cutter
Tool & Die CADD / CAM Designer
Mar 2013 - May 2014 (1 year 2 months)
Designed and created CAD and dimensional drawings for manufacturing and inspection fixtures, jigs, assemblies, and tooling aids for pressure gauges and thermometers.
• Interfaced with design and process engineering, quality assurance, and six sigma teams
• Cost, time savings by improving process of sending CAD to the 3-axis to 5-axis CNC mills / lathes
• Maintained and revised GD&T dimensional drawings for current and future document management
• Created plant production line layouts to aid in lean analysis for cost saving, and new tool introduction
CAD Tooling and Product Designer
Jan 2011 - Mar 2013 (2 years 2 months)
Produced CAD for repair drawings and re-fabrication tooling to create parts and assemblies for the C5 Galaxy aircraft for both internal and external structural parts.
• Created accurate and detailed reverse-engineered 3D CAD models and GD&T drawings and mylars for tools, jigs, and 3-axis to 5-axis CNC mills / lathes
• Checked and validated finished parts with quality assurance team members, using FARO CMM & Laser Tracker equipment to ensure the CAD data was confirmed against the real world application
• Interfaced with production and did liaison engineering work monthly for a large separate off-site facility