I am a graduate of the University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign with a BFA in Industrial Design.
I entered college with a firm grasp of my aspirations, believing at first that Graphic Design was my career choice, but after seeing a demonstration of the work produced by Seniors, I fell in love with Industrial Design.
I have a background in Graphic Design with SeeYouDowntown.com, Tom Lynch Watercolors, Aroha Holdings, Charitysplits.com and freelance and logo design with several others. In addition to digital media, I have experience with anything from wood carving to watercolor paintings.
Work at NPD
O B J E C T I V E
To obtain a position in an organization dedicated to progressive thought and innovation, that leverages my passion for user-centered design and offers opportunities for advancement based on initiative and strong performance.
E D U C A T I O N
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Industrial Design, August 2009
Related coursework: Research and Development and Innovation Studies, Human Factor and Empathic Product Design, Web Page Layout Design, Illustration (digital and basic), Digital Photography, Model-Making and CAD Rendering.
S K I L L S
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Final Cut Pro X, Photo Manipulation, Solidworks, Digital Photography, 3D Illustration, Product Innovation.
E X P E R I E N C E
Design Specialist, The NPD Group, 2011 – Present,
Received a promotion after one year from Design Associate. (2010-2011)
• Create custom graphics and new visual representations of data (Infographics) pertaining to Foodservice and Food and Beverage Services
• Branched into new sectors of NPD’s Business Units including Canada and Europe.
• Worked to create presentations for clients such as Coca Cola, KRAFT, ConAgra, McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Unilever and many others.
• Utilized Final Cut Pro X to create videos for marketing collateral on youtube.com.
• Led discussions and trainings comprised of basic information about powerpoint in order to ease the transition between 2003 and 2010. Later led trainings on best practices for visual data and how to use the corporate template efficiently.
Graphic Designer, SeeYouDowntown.com 2010 - 2011
• Designed layout for print media targeted towards potential clients.
• Created media for existing clients such as storefront decals incorporating Quick Response codes and incorporating feedback.
Graphic Designer, Charity Splits 2006 - 2009
• Conceptualized and drafted overall webpage layout and graphic design to meet provided business requirements and specifications.
• Developed logo designs and banner concepts for use on company webpage for promotion of upcoming charity events.
• Created over 30 event-specific print media templates for distribution to potential clients and for the use of current clients.
Graphic Designer/Assistant, Tom Lynch Watercolors 2004 – 2011
• Created sleeves and disc labels instructional video series for distribution to consumers.
• Developed social media presence and overall strategy in order to leverage sites such as Facebook, Myspace, Deviant Art and Coroflot to promote and grow business.
• Gained broad exposure to new forms of media and intricate composition layout through attendance at artist’s workshops.
• Managed sales and distributions of artwork and requests for information across the internet, telephone and direct mail.
A C T I V I T I E S
Mentor, Industrial Design Student Association 2007-2009
• Developed skills and knowledge of new students by helping them navigate through undergraduate design courses and acclimate to the department of Fine and Applied Arts.
• Individually tutored design students across many facets of the field including industry trends, product ideation and design implementation.
Resident Advisor, University of Illinois Residential Life 2006-2007
• Assessed the needs of residents and identified innovative solutions to provide educational, social, cultural, and recreational program opportunities and solutions that meet those.
• Collaborate with other paraprofessional staff, professional staff, and support staff to create and implement hall events or programs, resolve resident conflicts and enforce housing policies.
• Scholastic Art Silver Key Recipient (watercolor)
• Industrial Design Gallery Participant (2006-2009)
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign