- + Follow
Manager, Global Industrial Design + Innovation
New York, NY
New York, NY
I am a passionate Industrial Designer with experience in bringing products from concept to reality within a broad range of industries such as: toys, transportation, housewares, and technology. Since graduating with a BFA from the Savannah College of Art and Design, I have been developing human focused solutions to improve the experience and usability of products. My inspiration for the manufactured world comes from the simplicity of the natural world. My professional design skills include: freehand concept sketching, 3D computer modeling, prototype model making and 3D printing, research testing, extensive manufacturing knowledge, ergonomics study, product engineering, quality assurance management, CMF development, creating BOM documents, final tooling review, and presentation skills.
Fitbit Flex Accessories
Automatic Wine Opener with Foil Cutter
Walnut Sandbox for Kinetic Sand
• Designed and Engineered baby products for NUK and Gerber brands.
• Produced feasibility models and prototypes to validate product concepts in the R&D facility.
• Created and managed specifications, drawings, qualification plans, and test methods for projects.
• Challenged traditional methods of design and engineering to push the boundaries of innovation.
• Sourced suppliers for new materials and manufacturing processes for NPD.
• Designed and developed product lines within a broad range of categories that include technology,wellness, housewares and fitness
• Proactively partnered with internal and external engineering teams to maintain design intent throughout engineering stages
• Collaborated with Quality Assurance and vendors throughout off tool sample rounds to ensure quality standards are met
• Utilized skills in rapid freehand ideation, Solidworks modeling, and prototyping to bring products from napkin sketch to market
• Conceptualize, design and engineer products from concept to market within housewares
• Assist fellow designers in completing tasks to ensure deadlines are met for the company
• Manage my own projects and communicate with factories in China/Mexico to improve productivity
• Received a utility patent on plunger and base
• CEO assigned me project director of a 25th anniversary concept to be unveiled at Internatiional Housewares Show
• Developed in store P.O.P displays for Taylor Swift's fragrance, Wonderstruck
• Helped design aftermarket motorcycle parts and prepared them for prototype
• Helped re-design an electric car concept with engineers in Germany
• Work with international and domestic clients, entrepreneurs, and local firms
Worked to create innovative solutions for aquatic equipment at Pentair Water, within the Pool and Spa division. Research, 2D and 3D ideation led to a final concept that was presented to the company. Deliverables included highly organized research, rapid ideation, computer geometry, high quality computer renderings, and a finished rapid prototype appearance model.
• Designed three toys for the Imaginext brand, that are currently in the market in Target, Walmart, and Toys R Us
• Worked with marketing, packaging, and engineering to develop new products
• Utilized licensing and royalty agreements with other companies while designing