- + Follow
I hope you enjoy the samples I have created and worked on over the years. I have produced a variety of work from logos, t-shirts, flyers to ad and publication design. My work experience in various industries has helped me to develop my strong computer skills. I am a quick learner and a good troubleshooter. I get along well with others and would love to join your team!
Publication Cover Design
Ocean Conservancy Project
• Designs, analyzes and edits eblasts, web pages, web banners, posters, flyers, forms, and publications.
--- Interprets and applies agency standards in preparing web and print material.
--- Creates designs from concept development to final preparation.
--- Builds tables and charts for use in publications.
--- Works with clients to achieve the desired impact and direct the message to a specifically targeted audience.
--- Converts complex electronic files to work across multiple platforms and software.
--- Analyzes and resolves problems encountered in the creation and production of text and graphics.
--- Sets priorities to ensure production deadlines are met.
--- Developed and designed HTML web pages featuring the department staff which also served as a team building exercise.
• Prepares HTML and PDF files for placement on Internet/Intranet.
--- Updates links, cascading style sheets, tags, alternate text, and links.
--- Creates and troubleshoots electronic files which are accessible for the visually and hearing impaired.
• Analyzes and troubleshoots issues in HTML and print file preparation.
• Edits HTML web pages and prepares files for CD-ROM production.
--- Ensures web page translation and links are correct.
• Updates and edits existing law guides, publications, forms, and other material for digital publication, including links and bookmarks.
• Analyzes and troubleshoots system issues and works closely with TSD to resolve
• Installs and runs color calibration software to ensure uniformity between the graphic designers’ monitors.
• Produces electronic files for print for single and multi-color forms and publications.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships.
• Works independently with minimal direction and follow-up and works effectively as part of a team.
* Lead artist for special magazine publications.
— Managed the production of special magazine publications from start to finish.
— Created the concept and developed branding for annual publications.
— Designed the cover, layout, sales collateral and ads for each magazine.
— Edited photographs and created editorial design.
— Shot photographs when needed.
— Prepared the files for prepress.
* Performed information systems analysis for the support and development of a new information technology system.
— Helped in the installation of software and implementation of the new system.
— Troubleshot and provided support duties in connection with multifunction office automation systems (i.e. printers and computer systems)
— Ensured teleprocessing networks functioned properly by providing technical support duties between office sites.
— Involved in the procurement of software and hardware for the department.
— Trafficked projects daily to ensure they were completed on time.
* Increased customer satisfaction through attention to detail and overall design of publications.
* Improved the project management process to get more efficient turnaround.
— Projects were completed on time for publication and without errors.
* Designed online expanding pencil banners with videos, post-its, corner peels, tiles and flash ads.
* Worked in conjunction with advertising director, account executives and clients in designing advertisements.
* Updated online teaser ads and obituaries.
* Managed graphics department and trained new artists.
* Prioritized workload in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
* Designed and coordinated the production of the weekly real estate section.
* Created daily templates for layout of the newspaper.
* Prepared and sent electronic files through FTP for four color output.
* Created and produced logos for different departments for use on t-shirts, mugs and vinyl lunch bags.
* Designed company logo for use on business cards, letterhead and company truck.
* Developed pizza box logo designs.
* Designed artwork for t-shirts.
* Created original illustrations.
* Scanned and manipulated artwork.
* Scanned and manipulated autorads and gels to create charts, graphs and tables.
* Designed posters and slides for conferences.
* Prepared comps for scientist's approval.
• Produced inter-departmental forms, newspaper ads and newsletters.
• Created illustrations for a manual.
• Designed various promotional support materials.
• Produced and coordinated a monthly coupon book project by working with salespeople, clients and pre-press technicians.
• Designed ads, brochures and newsletters for clients.
• Operated a stat camera to produce stats and films and performed stripping tasks.
• Supervised the art department in the art director’s absence.