I have always loved drawing since I was a little boy and in order to achieve my dream in becoming an artist, I chose to major in Fine Art for both my undergraduate and graduate studies. During my military service, I had an opportunity to experience the field of industrial design and I was excited to realize that it was really interesting to me. Not only was I fascinated by the creativity and innovations of the products and concept of designing, but I was also inspired to be in this career. To me, the field of Industrial Design requires proactive thinking since it is a profession with unlimited possibilities.
I believe that the source of design essentially comes from human needs. Today’s products are more diverse because they are designed to fulfill the basic needs of human while pertaining to a sense of beauty, like a piece of functional artwork. Making our lives and surroundings more comfortable, convenient and environment- friendly is my ultimate goal. Promoting my ideas of design to the clients and communicating with working partners are also important skills that I need to learn.
Academy of Art University. CA - MFA , Industrial Design
Graduation Date: May 2012
Chinese Culture University. Taiwan - MFA, Fine Art
Graduation Date: May 2006
Chinese Culture University. Taiwan - BFA, Fine Art
Graduation Date: May 2003
Cell Phone: 415-819-6438
• Languages – Fluent: English/Mandarin
• Basic Computer Programs – MAC, WINDOWS, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
• Computer Design Programs – CS Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Flash, Indesign, Painter, Alias Studio Tools, Alias showcase, Solidworks
• Design Skills – Design problem solving, material and process, research and development, quick sketching, Concept art, oil painting and water color, digital painting, 3D modeling
• Design Internship Shook Design July 2011- August 2012 Mountain View, CA USA
Scooter project ideation stage and meeting with client.
I-phone case project from ideation stage till now.
2 Seat aircraft interior design ideation sketch and mock-up.
• Information Technology Show Portrait Sketcher May 2005 – Aug 2005 Taipei, Taiwan
• Mitsubishi Sevrin SUV Event Portrait Sketcher July 2006 – Aug 2006 Taipei, Taiwan
• Panasonic Information Technology show Portrait Sketcher Aug 2008 – Aug 2008 Taipei, Taiwan
• Developed and coordinated illustrations for children’s books, textbooks, and novels
• Performed and analyzed project performance in TV commercial script illustration
Aug 2005 – May 2008 Taipei, Taiwan